• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

$7300 Final Price

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So it looks like EM and the ATVM folks have been discussing EM's application. And EM seems to have gotten the impression that full binding commitments at $7000 will satisfy the requirement that the applicant demonstrate the ability to pay back the ATVM loan.

But 65,000 X $1500 (I think this was the projected profit per vehicle) = $97,500,000. The loan application was for $185M. So where is the remaining $87,500,000 coming from? I wonder if EM has some investors willing to co-sign on the loan and would be responsible for making up the gap?
I think that part of the 185M has to be allotted for the parts for the vehicles. So it's more like 65,000 x $7000.

Rickey Labit

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I AM LOCKED IN BUT I WAS WONDERING ,
WITH MULTIPLE RESERVATIONS , DO YOU HAVE TO DO IT MORE THAN ONCE ?

Saw this response from ELIO to a post on facebook.

Hello Nick, completing this agreement applies for each All In reservation within your account. If you have reserved (All In) two Elios with the same email address, they have both been included in your binding purchase agreement, but if you and your wife (for example) have reserved (All In) one Elio each (through a separate email), only the single All In reservation on your account is included in the binding purchase agreement.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
65000 ($1000) all in = 2018...maybe.
And you guys thought the cruise control was going to be free.

I am committed for $7000.00,but I am wondering if the % off early discount was just signed away too !
Either way I still want My Elio.
I really don't think they'd try something as sinister as doing an undisclosed bait-n-switch on our earlier bonuses.
They'd really be shooting themselves in the foot (probably critically) by doing such a stupid thing.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yes, it looks like that special Lock-In price will be available until they reach 65,000 total reservations. As of today the website says 56,411 reservations, so with about 8500 to go, at an average of 20/day, you have about 14 months to decide (425 days). Unless, of course, some new announcement boosts new reservations into overdrive.
I'm beginning to get a very strange feeling that "some new announcement" is not that far off.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Couple of years ago I dropped $1000 all in. I didn't make that commitment lightly. I decided right then I would stand behind EM until they either closed the doors or started production. As far as I'm concerned that was my commitment, my "binding agreement". So to sign a binding agreement for a locked in final price is no big deal if you're really "all in". Either you're 100% behind EM or you're not.
And Dat's Da Truth!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have a good one; when I try to sign the commitment, it comes back and says:
View attachment 10972

Ummm WRONG!!!! I was All In in 2013

Maybe it is because I have such an early deposit, their system doesn't go back that far.

No Matter; they will be hearing from me when they get back from lunch.
It's probably because you've emailed them too many times.
They've probably blocked you. :p

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe the concern is this... I'm all in at $1,000. If I show up at Shreveport and they show me a steaming pile of cow dung, I can walk away losing only $1,000. If I'm committed, I'll have to shell out the full $7,000 and enjoy my pile of cow dung. Steaming, of course.
Binding or not binding aside...
If they don't deliver a reasonable facsimile of what they've led you to believe you're committing to...
And if it's not of reasonable quality, that's basically a deal breaker.
All bets and commitments are off and the courts would support that.
The law loves the word "reasonable".

Last edited:
Top Bottom