• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg Is The Goal...

If you hadn't (or haven't) put down any money, what's your MPG minimum to buy an Elio?

• Paul said 84 MPG and I expect 84 MPG!

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 60+ would be great!

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • 30+ would be okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd buy one, even if it was rated for GPM (gallons per mile).

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I just chose the 60+ mpg but I am anticipating real close to the 80+ range. Think about it, $6800 (or close to that range) for a car that gets 60+mpg. That is still flippin fabulous! Nothing out there touching that. I'm sure anticipating the 80s for mpg but if it's a bit less it would still be good.

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I'm buying it mainly for 2 reasons: 1: You can drive it in the carpool lane by yourself, without having to sacrifice as much of your safety as you do on a motorcycle.

2: It gets 84mpg on the highway, 49mpg city, which should translate to about 66 mpg combined.

If it only got 50 mpg combined, I probably would have less incentive to buy it. If it was rated for GPM, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'd be disappointed under 75 mpg highway, 45 city. Even so I might buy the car for other reasons -- but I really want them to hit 80+ on the highway number. Not a deal stopper for me. I would be completely satisfied at 82 or more. Thrilled at 85 or 86!

Once you get done with delivery and taxes, the car's going to cost 7,600. Add Skyzmatic, power seat, and maybe an extra electrical port and you're at $10K. I won't add Skyzmatic but will probably add a power seat, Navdy, a rear view camera (deal breaker; must have), and lane warning devices, coming in around $8,600 and I'll be happy to have it at that price.

If a power tune or turbo kit were available, I'd buy it at up to $1,800 extra.

Last edited:

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am confident as Elio is always saying they are focused on the target goal of 84 mpg hwy. They have a new motor and trans designed for high fuel mileage by IAV. The Elio is aerodynamic, tandem designed for 84 mpg, the Elio is 1240 lbs designed for High fuel mileage 84 mpg. All the positive releases from Elio motors is still showing the targeted 84 mpg. There is no need to write anything else lower than 84 mpg. Read the tech talks :) This first Elio is for high mileage said Paul Elio, following Elio mentioned could be for diesel, electric, etc.. This current Elio will deliver 84 mpg at $6,800.00! I again thank you Paul Elio, Elio Motors, Blue chip suppliers!
Terrence in Maryland :)
Here is a cluster of tech talks for you all ENJOY THE JOURNEY:D
http://blog.eliomotors.com/category/tech-talk/

Terrence

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am confident as Elio is always saying they are focused on the target goal of 84 mpg hwy. They have a new motor and trans designed for high fuel mileage by IAV. The Elio is aerodynamic, tandem designed for 84 mpg, the Elio is 1240 lbs designed for High fuel mileage 84 mpg. All the positive releases from Elio motors is still showing the targeted 84 mpg. There is no need to write anything else lower than 84 mpg. Read the tech talks :) This first Elio is for high mileage said Paul Elio, following Elio mentioned could be for diesel, electric, etc.. This current Elio will deliver 84 mpg at $6,800.00! I again thank you Paul Elio, Elio Motors, Blue chip suppliers!
Terrence in Maryland :)
Here is a cluster of tech talks for you all ENJOY THE JOURNEY:D
http://blog.eliomotors.com/category/tech-talk/
Noted>> following Elio mentioned could be for diesel, electric, etc.. That is actually referring to Elio's produced after this first high fuel mileage model. Paul Elio stated the first Elio would be High fuel mileage yet there were opportunities for following models to be electric, diesel, sport, etc.per demand. I did not state it clearly so I am adding this to explain following models with other features,
Terrence-thank you

Top Bottom