• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg Is The Goal...

If you hadn't (or haven't) put down any money, what's your MPG minimum to buy an Elio?

• Paul said 84 MPG and I expect 84 MPG!

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • 60+ would be great!

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • 30+ would be okay.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'd buy one, even if it was rated for GPM (gallons per mile).

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I
Our 08 Fit does that too. It seems to relate to how much I drive on that tank.

In 35 years of cars, many new, I have never had a one that met or exceeded EPA, including one Fit. But to be fair I am an avowed lead foot (goes with the plate in my head). So I see "84 mpg" and I discount that by my standard 10% lead foot penalty.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I

In 35 years of cars, many new, I have never had a one that met or exceeded EPA, including one Fit. But to be fair I am an avowed lead foot (goes with the plate in my head). So I see "84 mpg" and I discount that by my standard 10% lead foot penalty.

Need for Speed:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSDlkE41hbCXPTdrp9VI_iK-R2i7EdFKxWF3Yh3jHSeQn4lfGhTuQ.jpg

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
sometimes it pays to consider that most 4-wheel drive rigs are capable of going into through country that their drivers aren't capable of driving them .... in the same vein, most vehicles are capable of getting better mileage than their drivers are capable of getting out of them .... and so on .... I suspect that will also be true with the mileage that most Elios will end up delivering

Jim

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I will admit even though the price of gas does not stop me from going where I want , the Idea of 84 MPG caught my eye with the ELIO. Then the rest got me interested enough to hit the send button for $1000. If The ELIO get 80 MPG I won't gripe about it. if it gets 50 I will be unimpressed. But I am still getting one.

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just do not see any way that the Elio won't be able to hit 60 mpg highway and 40 mpg city. Light weight, narrow profile, and a small motor should equate under the worst of circumstances to at least these numbers. I would still buy one returning these efficiency numbers since this is twice as efficient as what I currenty drive.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I just do not see any way that the Elio won't be able to hit 60 mpg highway and 40 mpg city. Light weight, narrow profile, and a small motor should equate under the worst of circumstances to at least these numbers. I would still buy one returning these figured as both numbers are twice as efficient as what I currenty drive.
They're already way ahead of 60/40.

genebee

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
It should be noted that advertised mileage is calculated mileage. It is actual mileage, corrected for temperature, humidity, altitude, weight, and a given steady state speed.( which doesn't include accelerating to that speed)
The actual mileage you get will almost never be as advertised.

Top Bottom