• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

84 Mpg

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5 Star will be a reach one, I would not hold him to in something like the ELIO. If you look back I mentioned he did not have to meet standards but wanted to. Many car companies wanted to reach 5 star and failed. It is a goal that cost a lot of research money to reach.
As I understand the testing you can not just drop your vehicle off an have tested. There is a bit more to it.

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
5 Star will be a reach one, I would not hold him to in something like the ELIO. If you look back I mentioned he did not have to meet standards but wanted to. Many car companies wanted to reach 5 star and failed. It is a goal that cost a lot of research money to reach.
As I understand the testing you can not just drop your vehicle off an have tested. There is a bit more to it.

It will be Very Interesting to see how the
"Modeling" compares to "Real" testing.
Given the state of today's tech. it wouldn't
surprise if they are close..............

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It will be Very Interesting to see how the
"Modeling" compares to "Real" testing.
Given the state of today's tech. it wouldn't
surprise if they are close..............

While I know it won't happen I would love to see ELIO get a 5 star and then a note saying we would give 6 if there were that many. As someone that rides a Motorcycle a lot, I would not be on the list of people most interested in 5 star safety awards.
It will be interesting to see where the hit it in the head on test. It hey hit the front wheel section it will like set a new record.
PE get on with it just build at least 8019 of them and make 8019 cream. Your payment is waiting.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
While I know it won't happen I would love to see ELIO get a 5 star and then a note saying we would give 6 if there were that many. As someone that rides a Motorcycle a lot, I would not be on the list of people most interested in 5 star safety awards.
It will be interesting to see where the hit it in the head on test. It hey hit the front wheel section it will like set a new record.
PE get on with it just build at least 8019 of them and make 8019 cream. Your payment is waiting.

if EM could go into production today, they would do so .... the reality is, they can't and all the wishing and hoping, all of the moaning and complaining, all the armchair quarterbacking and pearls of wisdom from those who aren't in the know isn't going to make it happen a minute sooner

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
if EM could go into production today, they would do so .... the reality is, they can't and all the wishing and hoping, all of the moaning and complaining, all the armchair quarterbacking and pearls of wisdom from those who aren't in the know isn't going to make it happen a minute sooner
Not much is going to happen until they find some cash . We get that been the case all a long. I can wish for ELIO 8019 all I want after all it is mine even if it is still a dream.

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Not much is going to happen until they find some cash . We get that been the case all a long. I can wish for ELIO 8019 all I want after all it is mine even if it is still a dream.

agreed and I have no doubt that they are doing all they can to raise the needed funding .... if your can figure out how wishing can make it happen any faster, please pass on the secrete ....no doubt over 40,000 of us would love to know

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The ELIO is a vehicle who's time has come. While I don't know if they will sell 250,000 a year whey will sell a fair amount. Maybe history will show the ELIO was the one that bridge the gap between motorcycle and car. The one that forced them to be redefined.
In two years 1 month I will retire for the section time, if PE does not have the ELIO on the market by then, I will spend my retirement building one of my own.

Smitty901

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Had to use my car this week. One bike apart sent radio out to be repaired. The other is in getting a sidecar mounted.
41 MPG for the week from the time I left home and got back. That is not bad for a ICE only car with no phony electric mileage mixed in.

Daryl M

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
We currently have two cars: A Honda Civic Hybrid and a BMW Z4. The Honda averages about 38 to 40 MPG in mixed city / rural driving and up to 42 MPG highway. The BMW averages 21.5 mixed but 35 to 38 highway. We live in a hilly area - our driveway has a 200' elevation change over 1400'.

I will be using the Elio as a daily commuter (30 mi. round trip) and expect to use 1/3 to 1/4 as much fuel as I currently do with the BMW.

In the winter, the Honda will only make it up the driveway with chains on. The BMW can't. I expect that the Elio would be able to make it, with chains.

IMGP0341.JPG

Luckily, it doesn't snow much here.

All In #1938

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
. .
In the winter, the Honda will only make it up the driveway with chains on. The BMW can't. I expect that the Elio would be able to make it, with chains.. .

I had a very good experience with my 1978 For Fiesta with FWD. Hardly ever did we have to put chains on it, and we took it to skiing every winter weekend for a couple years. We didn't even have studded tires. The Elio should exceed what the Fiesta could do by about 30%. With studded tires you may never need chains until snow is well above the floor level.

Top Bottom