• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Few More Choices On Elio Color Options Would Be Nice.... ?

Do You think Elio's current color choices are sufficient?

• Yes, they are awesome, and I couldn't ask for more !

• They're ok, and I can live with them.

• I really wish we could have more options on colors, and maybe even get to vote on them !

Results are only viewable after voting.

pohutukawa

Elio Fan
Reaction score
Hi There! This is Mr. Language Person, taking control of Pohutukawa's account, totally unbeknownst to him.

Cruising the web for all flagrant abuses of the English language, I came upon this forum discussion topic, beginning: "A little more choices ...". OH. Horrors. "A FEW more choices ..." would be ever so much better.

Returning control to Pohutukawa...

Hey - what just happened there? How'd he do that?

Color? ORANGE! And anything that rhymes with it! What more could anybody want?

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hi There! This is Mr. Language Person, taking control of Pohutukawa's account, totally unbeknownst to him.

Cruising the web for all flagrant abuses of the English language, I came upon this forum discussion topic, beginning: "A little more choices ...". OH. Horrors. "A FEW more choices ..." would be ever so much better.

Returning control to Pohutukawa...

Hey - what just happened there? How'd he do that?

Color? ORANGE! And anything that rhymes with it! What more could anybody want?

You sure do talk funny, who learned you to talk that good?

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's throw that wrinkle in... if you were charged let's say an extra $500 to get your color outside of the original 7, would you pay it?

depending on the cost, I would .... I'm in the can live with the colors being offered but don't really like any of them category

Jim

Jay3wheel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
depending on the cost, I would .... I'm in the can live with the colors being offered but don't really like any of them category

Jim

I'm still having a hard time trying to love one of these colors. I 'm hoping when I see the car in person, the paint will look a little more metalic than the pictures. Of course the body isn't made of metal, so why should I expect a metalic look? I'm probable stuck on silver at this point, mostly so it won't look like a clown car.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for a point of view... does anyone know how much it would cost to repaint a Elio? what are the average bids for a good small paint job...

It can't be that much... half the size of a car... half the paint needed to cover... it would be like painting the hood and one side of a SUV... if that!!

I have a hope that I could have my Elio painted with the new " no wash paint "... it is like having rain X on your Elio.. dirt and oil will not stick to this new type of paint... a white Elio stay's white...

I heard it was going to be a option on the new 2016 Leaf's... and they may start selling the paint to the public in 2015... timing is everything...

I plan on being on the road a lot... I would love to never have to wash my Elio...

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #2225 MMCCXXV see ya on the road

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Just for a point of view... does anyone know how much it would cost to repaint a Elio? what are the average bids for a good small paint job...

It can't be that much... half the size of a car... half the paint needed to cover... it would be like painting the hood and one side of a SUV... if that!!

I have a hope that I could have my Elio painted with the new " no wash paint "... it is like having rain X on your Elio.. dirt and oil will not stick to this new type of paint... a white Elio stay's white...

I heard it was going to be a option on the new 2016 Leaf's... and they may start selling the paint to the public in 2015... timing is everything...

I plan on being on the road a lot... I would love to never have to wash my Elio...

Interesting. "No wash paint." Might be a bit on the expensive side?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I don't don't have "no wash paint" and I still never wash my car! LOL probably not a good thing. I do actually run it through a cheap gas station wash a couple times a year.

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. "No wash paint." Might be a bit on the expensive side?

How much time will you spend washing your Elio, or how much do you spend going to car wash's... the only problem I see is how long does the paint job effects last?? I hope you would only need to be paint your Elio once with this paint...

Have to wait and see what the paints cost is... I'm not a big car washing fan... pain in the ass, sorry... just my option...

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner..#2225

Top Bottom