• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Few More Choices On Elio Color Options Would Be Nice.... ?

Do You think Elio's current color choices are sufficient?

• Yes, they are awesome, and I couldn't ask for more !

• They're ok, and I can live with them.

• I really wish we could have more options on colors, and maybe even get to vote on them !

Results are only viewable after voting.

golfmuch

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like every time we attempt to make it more complicated the longer the wait will be. I say keep it simple. I will wait till I see each color in person before I decide on a color. There will be 11060 cars in front of me.

BillJ

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think he was being sarcastic..... he put window in quotations..... The back trunk is basically where the back window normally is on a vehicle, so he wants to put a cool alien's face looking out from there.... get it ?

CaribbeanZombie

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I think he was being sarcastic..... he put window in quotations..... The back trunk is basically where the back window normally is on a vehicle, so he wants to put a cool alien's face looking out from there.... get it ?
Precisely...gonna PAINT a back "window" & have a lil green alien smiling & waving! Ya know, the Elio isn't gonna attract enough attention on it's own, so I need something to supplement it's attractiveness (sarcasm)! ;)

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just for a point of view... does anyone know how much it would cost to repaint a Elio? what are the average bids for a good small paint job...

It can't be that much... half the size of a car... half the paint needed to cover... it would be like painting the hood and one side of a SUV... if that!!

I have a hope that I could have my Elio painted with the new " no wash paint "... it is like having rain X on your Elio.. dirt and oil will not stick to this new type of paint... a white Elio stay's white...

I heard it was going to be a option on the new 2016 Leaf's... and they may start selling the paint to the public in 2015... timing is everything...

I plan on being on the road a lot... I would love to never have to wash my Elio...

Proud to Be.. an Elio owner #2225 MMCCXXV see ya on the road
I was talking to a body shop guy the other day, and he told me people were shocked about how much it cost to repaint a motorcycle. Turns out, a lot of the cost of a new paint job doesn't depend on the size of the vehicle. A big portion of the price is in labor.
Things like setting up the paint booth and equipment, finishing body work, matching the color wanted, mixing the paint, and then cleaning all the mess of that paint job up before starting the next one.
IMO, if you plan on a paint job right away, The primer option is the way to go. There will be very little prep on a vehicle straight from the factory already in primer.:)

Bilbo B

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Update on the Fiesta paint color choices... :p ... for 3 of the 9 colors, it's an extra $600 for that color.

Let's throw that wrinkle in... if you were charged let's say an extra $500 to get your color outside of the original 7, would you pay it?

Pulled another out of the air: the Chevy Cruze has 10 color choices avail, one costs $225 more, three others cost $325 more.

Yep, I'd pay extra for Yellow. Seems like I remember reading that Yellow and one other color were going to cost more. I'm OK with that - make it a cost add option. I also seem to recall that Yellow lost to the eventual winner (licorice beat dreamcicle http://blog.eliomotors.com/the-champion-is-4414/ ) in the first round of the color challenge. That's like loosing to the NCAA champ in the first round - doesn't mean you couldn't have beat everyone else in the bracket. That's why wrestling has wrestle backs.

Top Bottom