• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A List Of Electric Vehicles Currently Under Development

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I hope not, but y'all might be wrong about the future. Certain parties in the government would prefer that private citizens would no longer own vehicles. Instead, they would call up a cab-like service. The cab company would then take care of all servicing and maintenance according to local/state/federal laws. The services would all be automatic pilot (for our safety). Of course they would also be battery powered (for the environment and our health). The future I'm talking about won't happen in the next ten years, but maybe in the next twenty to thirty. While some of the younger generation are pretty good at doing things, I'm afraid that most expect to be taken care of.
....where they all wear the same uniforms, everybody works for the government so they can pay for the cab-like service etc. I've seen it in the movies! LOL seriously, I wouldn't worry about that unless I live to 100+ years old. But the future is the future, nothing is for certain.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I expect the adoption rate for EV’s to gallop forward at an accelerated pace!

400 mile range is only years away!

All major automobile manufacturers are concentrating on advancing EV technology!

Buckle up your seatbelt!
given all the technology unfolding before our eyes, buckling a seat belt will be relagated to the history of automotive development,
Well, gotta go, as I roll up my window, and shift into first gear, turning on my lights, and decide which of 5 buttons I wish to push for my a.m. radio- oops, forgot to pull-up my antenna. :-)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
....where they all wear the same uniforms, everybody works for the government so they can pay for the cab-like service etc. I've seen it in the movies! LOL seriously, I wouldn't worry about that unless I live to 100+ years old. But the future is the future, nothing is for certain.
You are in luck, in 2032 you can still drive a car but you'll have to wipe your derriere using the three seashells, eat only at Taco Bell and Oldsmobile is back in business. Self driving still has it's problems but no need for airbags:

Reactions: Ty

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
given all the technology unfolding before our eyes, buckling a seat belt will be relagated to the history of automotive development,
Well, gotta go, as I roll up my window, and shift into first gear, turning on my lights, and decide which of 5 buttons I wish to push for my a.m. radio- oops, forgot to pull-up my antenna. :-)
Let's enjoy it RUCRYZE while cars are cars and WE still control the outcome of our trip!

Made in USA

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some more futuristic stuff is here (Seeking Alpha article):

Puma rivals Nike with self-lacing smart shoes
Jan. 31, 2019 4:37 AM ET|About: Nike Inc. (NKE)|By: Yoel Minkoff, SA News Editor
Puma (OTCPK:pUMSY) is releasing self-lacing smart shoes to take on Nike (NYSE:NKE), which recently unveiled its Adapt BB with a price tag of $350.

Puma's high tech sneakers, called Fi, will cost $20 less and be available from Spring 2020.

Each smart training shoe will have a battery based under its sole that can be charged through a wireless charging dock or by swapping out the batteries.

What are kids learning anymore if everything will be done for them? Cursive writing. No spare tires. Now self lacing shoes. Demolition man (and Barbarella) may have been right, soon you will just take a pill and enjoy sex without touching.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just found this article (LINK) about a Li battery at 7x the density. Nothing on the price. (and as always "This research is a long way from commercial production,") The life cycles are 500. Current Li are around that.

Lets assume about the same price by weight(eventually). If so, three things are automatically true, higher efficiency, lower cost and longer range. Consider that, a sizable amount of energy goes to packing the battery around while driving. That compounds the savings for better efficiency.

Anyway at 7x the density, limiting the Elio to commuter distances, could easily pack the batteries under the hood and under the two seats using the current chassis.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
they say "...hold at least a third more power per pound as lithium-ion batteries and also are significantly lighter..."
Do they have a third more power because of the -significantly lighter- or in addition to? The answer to that is key, along with this... How close to production?

I will assume it's just 30% lighter and no 'dendrites' breakdown. "160 cycles, the cells ... still delivered 85" --versus normal equivalent... 70% at 160 cycles-- (assume 95% discharge, less than that makes a BIG difference in current battery packs)

Anyway the pressure is ON. (DO ya hear me Tesla?)

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exciting times, these are. Solid State batteries can charge almost instantly, new capacitors can recoup braking regenerative power fast enough that you won't get the massive losses there like you do with today's relatively slow charging batteries. Man, pretty soon, you'll see cars with a LOT longer range without needing more battery material. Exciting times, indeed.

Top Bottom