• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Million Questions About Elio, But Here's My Big One.

skygazer6033

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As for tire wear. You really can't compare the Elio tires to motorcycle tires. They're both black with a big hole in the middle but that's about all they have in common. The profile of bike tires is round to allow leaning so they have a small contact patch and wear out quickly. The Elio tires though narrow will be standard automotive tires with a flat contact patch and should last a very long time.

CheeseheadEarl

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm an "end user" Anytime one of my vehicles breaks, I weigh repair cost, replacement cost, and price of scrap.

My last 3 commuters were all over 250,000 miles when I was done with em, and I'm working on 300K on the current one.

IMO, modern lubricants and better electronics, along with better rust prevention, are the big keys to long vehicle life.

I'm fairly confident I'll be able to take an Elio well over 200k based on what I've seen so far.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So I've been reading posts on this forum for about 3 or 4 weeks now in an attempt to not ask the same questions twice. Most of my questions have been answered and the rest no one really knows yet (like the look of the final model, how the car will 'feel' between automatic and transmission, other final product things...). My only major concern is the life of the vehicle. Given my experience with other things, the old adage 'you get what you pay for' holds true in most cases. I feel like I know less about the overall build of the vehicle than some people on here, so I'd like to get other opinions on this. Do you think this is something that will fall apart at 80,000 miles or could you expect to see this to the 200,000 limit (given proper vehicle maintenance of course)?
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Stiffler. Thanks so much for asking your question. I look forward to reading the response. I hope you enjoy this forum and look forward to reading more of your input. :-) Z

Proud to be

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, if my math is correct... a Elio costs $6800 and runs for 200,000 miles with out any problems, that would mean the cost of a Elio over time would be, not counting fuel = $ .034 and the fuel at $4 per gallon on a average of 60 mpg would equal to $13,333.33

I kind of like the $ .034 cents a mile for a Elio... and I know I am dreaming about the $4 gas costs...

My personal Elio will cost about $ .05 cents a mile, but I can still live with that price...

How much will your Elio cost? per 200,000 miles...

Proud to Be... an Elio owner #2225

Top Bottom