• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

A Question Of Noise

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious about how noisy the ride might be. I figured to get the carpet in order to have some noise-dampening. Does anyone have any idea of how noisy it is likely to be? and if that noise if from the road or from parts of the Elio itself (engine, etc)?

Thanks,

I think this will be the quietest motorcycle I have ever owned :becky:
But seriously, EM has always indicated that cabin noise is an important issue to them.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I will mount a small mirror to the upper right "a"-pillar, and aim it over my right shoulder. Similar to where the rear view mirror would be in a regular car. Then it won't matter what position the visor is in.

Edit: exactly! Thanks RickB!
Gee whiz, now I'm gonna need Three cameras: one for me, one for the passenger and one the rear!

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think I will mount a small mirror to the upper right "a"-pillar, and aim it over my right shoulder. Similar to where the rear view mirror would be in a regular car. Then it won't matter what position the visor is in.

If you're doing anything OTHER than driving, then it's a distraction, even looking up for a brief moment instead of paying attention to the road! ;)

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am curious about how noisy the ride might be. I figured to get the carpet in order to have some noise-dampening. Does anyone have any idea of how noisy it is likely to be? and if that noise if from the road or from parts of the Elio itself (engine, etc)?

Thanks,
Nobody in here as far as I know have driven any version of the ELIO so you're not gonna get the answer you're looking for! If you can wait 'till next year (hopeful) 'till I get mine, then I'll give you my first hand perspective of the ride. I can tell you this much, it couldn't be much louder than my wife talking at the back! :D:D

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If you're doing anything OTHER than driving, then it's a distraction, even looking up for a brief moment instead of paying attention to the road! ;)

I don't know about you but, my rear view mirror has always been an important part of good driving :eyebrows:
We cant forget about the built in child seat restraints. Good parents need to keep an eye on the baby, too. :becky:

Last edited:

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Shooting from the hip here, but I think if the mirror is high enough to see our passenger from "over" our head, it won't block (visor?) the sun; and, when the sun visor is flipped down to block the sun, it would point the mirror toward oncoming traffic.

Looking up to talk to someone behind may well be a greater distraction than with someone beside.

My lovely wife becomes unlovely when I look at her instead of the road.:caked:

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Yup, like this! I'm thinking I'd install something like this rearview mirror/monitor from Amazon. It is a mirror that is also a display for a rear view camera.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Usually sound dampening materials are used on firewalls, wheel wells etc. I doubt it will be luxury car quiet, nor NASCAR noisy, somewhere in between.
If needed, there are lots of after market materials to made for "The Sounds of Silence".
You mean we won't be getting ANC? (Active Noise Canceling)

Top Bottom