• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Added Features

Captured

Reaction score
As an "all-in", I feel a bit anxious about the added features. I wished there was a way to view the extras before we have to order them (months before a stand-alone dealer exists) - not just an artist's rendition, but the real thing. It would help me decide what I'd like to add. It's simple to choose transmission and/or cruise because they are simple functional preferences. But digital dash and flares on the side/tail are visual effects (with a little functionality with the dash portion.) Personally, I'd like the option to remove the front wheel covers.

Bottom line - I hope there is a way to view a decked out version in person before we have to order.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
There are a few members that have Photo shopped an Elio with a number of options. You can use the search function at the top of this page and do some key words to see what you can find. I'm sure someone will see your question and have a link to them; give it a day :D

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As an "all-in", I feel a bit anxious about the added features. I wished there was a way to view the extras before we have to order them (months before a stand-alone dealer exists) - not just an artist's rendition, but the real thing. It would help me decide what I'd like to add. It's simple to choose transmission and/or cruise because they are simple functional preferences. But digital dash and flares on the side/tail are visual effects (with a little functionality with the dash portion.) Personally, I'd like the option to remove the front wheel covers.

Bottom line - I hope there is a way to view a decked out version in person before we have to order.
Keep in mind EM stated there will be ride and drive events scheduled once the Prototypes are built and tested. I would think those vehicles will be option loaded for the reservationist's benefit.

NSTG8R

Elio Addict
Reaction score

First off, welcome to the forum, Captured! And I'm with you on the external add-ons, but mainly out of curiosity. I'll most likely fabbing up my own 'ground effects' since I've got rolls of fiberglass and CF laying around, collecting dust. I think Rickb might have a point with the ride and drive events...it'd be a perfect venue to show off the options.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
First a big welcome from THE Sunshine State.
I too recall, there being available test drives w/ both transmissions. I don't recall if the units will be "touring", or only at the factory. The vendor who is selling the "plastic" add-on body panels has a display @ the Elio showings. The tour, as it becomes a reality will have to add the extras for show and tell. When g1 catches up to this thread, we'll get greater clarification.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Captured, welcome to the forum. We are a diverse group with diverse interests and experiences. Until they finalize (fine tune) the the design it is unlikely we will see anything other than artist renditions. Hopefully, this fall things will become clearer for all of us.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver

Hey welcome to the forum, and congrats on your all-in!

You are correct, it'll be tough to know exactly how the options will really look. So the timing of the ride-and-drive events being before or after their request to have us decide on our options online, will be the deciding point.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
That is a bit out of mu concern right now. I do wonder about it though. I am sure we will get a look at the options. it will be a bg price point for elio.
Haven't you seen the line of options they have now? Here's the link if you haven't http://www.eliomotors.com/features/#customization
They are pointing out that there won't be "packages" <yet> and it will be all a la carte when it rolls out. And if you click on the body options it does take you to a page that shows it on the vehicle.

Top Bottom