• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

After Job Losses Local Lawmaker Wants Elio Investigation

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I mowed the grass with my self propelled John Deer aluminum deck that I bought used seven years ago for $35.
After I bought it, I added a couple of new drive wheels for it @ $15. I just had to put another $30 into it yesterday.
Like they say, it runs like a deer.

As I mowed, I reflected on how fortunate I am to have what I already have.

And on what a beautiful day it is.
Glass half full my friend...live longer!

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yap I agree! EM was way over their heads BEFORE they even realize it! I'm even giving them credit for getting all the big names in the business to come on board and somehow embrace the project w/ such a low projected price.
That's easy. A large part of the additional $376M is Elio having to pay most of these suppliers in advance before they'll even tool up for the Elio parts.
Another load of BS is that most of these suppliers are going to "invest" in doing that themselves out of confidence in EM and the goodness of their hearts.

Think about it. It will not take anywhere near an additional $376M just to tool the line, pay for the liability insurance and hire the workers.
As EM continues to point out, most of the required equipment is already there. It just needs modified, programed and tooled to produce the Elio.

As I've said before, any mfg will tool up for anyone if they pay them enough. It's tempting to believe the twist EM puts on this, but it's bunk.

Supplier: "So you want me to spend $30M to develop and tool up this major component?
Be glad to Paul. Pay me in advance and consider it already done."

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's easy. A large part of the additional $376M is Elio having to pay most of these suppliers in advance before they'll even tool up for the Elio parts.
Another load of BS is that most of these suppliers are going to "invest" in doing that themselves out of confidence in Elio and the goodness of their hearts.

Think about it. It will not take anywhere near an additional $376M just to tool the line, pay for the liability insurance and hire the workers.
As EM continues to point out, most of the required equipment is already there. It just needs modified, programed and tooled to produce the Elio.

As I've said before, any mfg will tool up for anyone if they pay them enough. It's tempting to believe the twist EM puts on this, but it's bunk.

Supplier: "So you want me to spend $30M to develop and tool up this major component?
Be glad to Paul. Pay me in advance and consider it already done."
Like I said, I'm an unqualified analyst and not even good at that :D but I'm thinking along the line as PE talks "hhmmm, we've got the money NOW to complete all the E-series, but wait, I've got to pay ME first, I've got to pay my CEO's and my awesome traveling CREW first, I've got a house I'm ready to build, ok guys, just build 3-5 right now and wait until more money comes in". :D

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like I said, I'm an unqualified analyst and not even good at that :D but I'm thinking along the line as PE talks "hhmmm, we've got the money NOW to complete all the E-series, but wait, I've got to pay ME first, I've got to pay my CEO's and my awesome traveling CREW first, I've got a house I'm ready to build, ok guys, just build 3-5 right now and wait until more money comes in". :D
Your bad! :eek:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
As disillusioned as I now am with Paul, and as pissed as I am with his and the rest of the players' behavior...
I don't think that's how this story went. I pitched a bitch when EM started spending money for fancy ads and national cable airtime.
I felt it was inappropriate and I saw then how the newly obtained money was flying out of the EM coffers in numerous streams.

I made those concerns known at that time.The reaction I got from most reservation holders was something like...
"Aw, faggetaboutit! Paul knows what he's doing!." Concerning Paul's pay... Several members made the valid point some time ago...
That it's not in a company's best interest regarding their image to pay the lesser officers more than the CEO.

So If EM was to have competent officers, they needed to pay them accordingly.
And Paul needed to be paid at least as much as the rest according to accepted industry SOP.
It succeeded in maintaining the image of a standard hierarchy for a while, but it seemed to fail to establish competency.

I believe that Paul never had the slightest inkling of how to come in under, or at, budget on the E-series.
Especially after EM started spending a large portion of that earmarked capital in wasteful ways...
To keep the (in their minds) all-important perpetual reservation machine running.

The thing that baffles me is that EM has had some formidable automotive experts on their board.
Could it be that they were past their prime, or was it that Paul just wouldn't listen to them and continued to "chart his own course"?

And again, they themselves (before they payed Roush to give them a reality check) didn't seem to realize what a thrown together crate they'd built.
The concept was brilliant, but these seemed to be people with not much more than a brilliant concept and good intentions...
That had absolutely no realistic idea of how to bring the product itself all the way to fruition.

These were people who seemed to have a talent for solving problems with that age-old catastrophic method of "Throwing money at it."

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It's a joke! It's better for me than getting all upset. My 1K reservation is no joke though, it's serious money for me so anybody who does not have skins in the game and thinks he/she have the same right to get upset for me being opinionated, think again.
I love it when you talk dirty.

Top Bottom