• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

After Job Losses Local Lawmaker Wants Elio Investigation

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
So, there does't seem to be a downside to showing your 1k receipt to Solo. You keep EM SIL, and the 1k still on the E, at the same time you get a 1k credit on the Solo- ??
Yep! And that $1k credit on the Solo that you get by doing that also serves as your entire Solo deposit.
You don't have to Shell out an additional $250 deposit. Your Solo reservation and SIL is automatic at that point.

Again, I think RU has me in "ignore" status. Can someone copy/paste and bounce my last two posts to him?

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm on the cusp of jumping to my deposit as a down payment for the Solo- my biggest problem is gonna find (a reasonable) charging location (I live in an apartment complex.
Those around offer free charging- but they charge for parking- duh!

Something that came to mind-
for each 1k all in that withdraw- doesn't it push everybody after my number up a notch?
Won't the total number of jumpers lower the total reservations?
How does Solo, get the $$?
thanks

RUCRAZYE, What Elio Amazed said! No jumping your Elio Deposit.......only using a copy of your Elio reservation receipt, no additional out of pocket, no risk, and can always cancel if Elio delivers.
RU, you don't have to "withdraw" your deposit from EM to use it towards a $1K credit toward the Solo. It's not a "one or the other" situation.
It's a "And" situation. All you have to do is provide EMV with a copy of your EM reservation/deposit confirmation email.
That way you've simply hedged your bet and still retain your options on both the Elio and the Solo.
That's why it's such a good deal. You can actually have your cake and eat it too.

The best of both worlds. Again you don't loose your reservation on an Elio...
By showing simply showing EMV your EM reservation/deposit confirmation and thereby getting a $1k discount on a new Solo reservation.

Do it here: http://electrameccanica.com/apply-your-receipt/

And join the conversation and information sharing at http://SoloOwners.net

And don't forget... EMV CEO Jerry Kroll will be live at https://facebook.com/groups/EMVsolo Monday night the 15th of May @ 6pm Pacific Time.

Heck, you could jog to Vancouver to take delivery of it.

And everyone... RU has a tendency to have half the people on this board in "ignore" status...
So someone please do him a favor and RE:/copy/paste (regurgitate) this post to him. Thanks.

Last edited:

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with Elio Amazed on this unfortunate yet palpable reality check.

Stu Lichter principally, along with other Board Directors and company chief officers, has/have kept Elio Motors financially afloat and solvent over the years by way of a few hundred thousand dollars here and there that have accumulated to large sums in the millions of dollars. But even the deep pockets of Stu Lichter, I'm afraid, aren't going to be enough to pony up the $7.5M needed to cover the contractual fine levied to RACER Trust. And if I were Stu Lichter, it'd be a painstakingly tough business argument to justify or rationalize providing such a large sum of money, knowing full well that it gets Elio Motors not even one cent closer to igniting its 76-week proposed production timetable. It's salt in the wound when amputation has already been called for.

That same difficulty or inability to rationalize writing a $7.5M check just for Paul to sign it over to RACER Trust and be no closer to production is what's going to unfortunately keep other deep-pocketed investor types harbored to the sidelines for a while. I would be ecstatic as the next guy should Elio Motors acquire the funding that they need, but I honestly don't foresee any help coming until the smoke clears and the dust settles in mid-July. Until then, we wait.

If you take Elio Motors' revised 76-week timeline to production (from receiving a minimum of $33M to initiate early phases to completion of S1/S2 pre-production vehicles and first consumer-ready production car), and have it end on 12/31/2018 so that Paul Elio could literally and legitimately stick to his word on the most recent production start date of Q4 2018, guess where that 76-week timeline would begin? Mid-July 2017.
Do you really think of all of this time and money invested that these people, will halt everything and go through the humiliation of failure along with disgrace?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Do you really think of all of this time and money invested that these people, will halt everything and go through the humiliation of failure along with disgrace?
At some point the more intelligent put a tourniquet on their wound and the foolish bleed to death.
It's all a question of when the financial players feel they have reached the point of "no return".

Pun intended.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm on the cusp of jumping to my deposit as a down payment for the Solo- my biggest problem is gonna find (a reasonable) charging location (I live in an apartment complex.
Those around offer free charging- but they charge for parking- duh!

Something that came to mind-
for each 1k all in that withdraw- doesn't it push everybody after my number up a notch?
Won't the total number of jumpers lower the total reservations?
How does Solo, get the $$?
thanks
I'm trying to understand the desperation here. The payload capacity, range, and economy (both price and cost of operation) are the most important aspects of either vehicle. The Solo is double the price, one 7th the range and worse of all the most valuable pay load is of the Human jaundra. Both vehicles are compromise here but two people is the bottom line for me. If you're a stickler for strictly one person commutes only at double the price, go for it.
PS what does a complete set of batteries cost?

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm trying to understand the desperation here. The payload capacity, range, and economy (both price and cost of operation) are the most important aspects of either vehicle. The Solo is double the price, one 7th the range and worse of all the most valuable pay load is of the Human jaundra. Both vehicles are compromise here but two people is the bottom line for me. If you're a stickler for strictly one person commutes only at double the price, go for it.
PS what does a complete set of batteries cost?
Batteries Included :D

But seriously, you can address that question to EMV CEO Jerry Kroll by posting it at...
https://www.facebook.com/EMVsolo by 5pm today.

He'll answer it in a live facebook podcast starting at 6pm PDT today at that URL.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. Solo don't get there money. Instead they are offering you a coupon if you put money on the Elio. They know you are already interested in a different type of vehicle, so are offering you incentive to buy there's. Pretty ingenious if you ask me and I'm betting will help there bottom line a bit.

Only problem with it for me personally, is I'm not too crazy with the Solo. The range and fact it only hauls one. (even though I'm mostly always alone when I drive and very rarely travel more then 10 miles, go figure)
Owning an Elio will at least allow you to Go get you a toupee, find you a woman who will ride with you everywhere. LOL
PS The coupon thingy is a rather cheap shot from and inferior company, if you ask me.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Owning an Elio will at least allow you to Go get you a toupee, find you a woman who will ride with you everywhere. LOL
PS The coupon thingy is a rather cheap shot from and inferior company, if you ask me.
Ah, you mean a cheap shot from an inferior company similar to offering a 50%+ bonus for signing away a grand on a vehicle...
That after nine years and $140M still isn't close to being produced and may never be produced?

Time will tell which is the inferior company. I'm not a hostage to brand loyalty. I still have an open mind on that issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom