• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

After Job Losses Local Lawmaker Wants Elio Investigation

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Owning an Elio will at least allow you to Go get you a toupee, find you a woman who will ride with you everywhere. LOL
PS The coupon thingy is a rather cheap shot from and inferior company, if you ask me.
It's as generous offer that allows Elio reservationists the option to save a$1K non-refundable reservation deposit if EM fails to deliver. It's a no cost, no risk option for those that already have a woman with a high performance luxury car or looking for a woman with a Tesla Model X.

Buy what you like, like what you drive. Both the Elio and the Solo are commuter vehicles marketed to supplement a primary vehicle. Neither company has stated 'chick magnet' as a must have.

How much is the IAV Elio engine and is it tested and available?

TheAsterisk!

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
Owning an Elio will at least allow you to Go get you a toupee, find you a woman who will ride with you everywhere. LOL
PS The coupon thingy is a rather cheap shot from and inferior company, if you ask me.
The SOLO is laughable for my own use case, and arguably attractive to some others, but there are no cheap shots in business. Any notion of business competitors being bound by some sort of gentlemen's honor is naive at best.
Buy what you like, like what you drive. Both the Elio and the Solo are commuter vehicles marketed to supplement a primary vehicle. Neither company has stated 'chick magnet' as a must have.
Well, I play a lot of progressive rock, loudly, in any car I drive, mine or borrowed. Just saying, magnets can attract and they can repel, just depends on which way you turn 'em and what they're used on. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Tonto says, Kimoshabe, a new set of batteries should be included in over all cost of operations. I'm willing to bet you the service life of those batteries are highly overstated too. Not to mention highly over priced.
PS maybe we can get a sidecar add on for an extra passenger?
No need to bet on the batteries that have proven performance ratings +- given environmental conditions and driving habits. There is no risk or gamble involved in placing a simple $250 refundable SOLO reservation and no out of pocket cost when making a SOLO receipt reservation. Nobody is asking you to make a SOLO reservation because it doesn't meet your needs, but no need to slam the EMV Team that has numerous tested prototypes, stores open, has real momentum as they close in on reservationist deliveries, and more importantly positive reviews and no investigations underway.

What you did 'bet on' was Elio #8954. I hope it's a winner.

Last edited:

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ah, you mean a cheap shot from an inferior company similar to offering a 50%+ bonus for signing away a grand on a vehicle...
That after nine years and $140M still isn't close to being produced and may never be produced?

Time will tell which is the inferior company. I'm not a hostage to brand loyalty. I still have an open mind on that issue.
I agree but my perspective is that both cars are competitors against the behemoths of the industries. Heck, I think GM is still just a puppet of the Federal Government. Solo and Elio both are spitting in the eye of a pompous Government that has stepped in to interfere with the free enterprise system. That's the real competitor, EA. The way i see it; Solo is cheep to attack a a fellow puny company like Elio when its real competitors are the big guys.
Really all I'm saying is that the Solo's specs are sadly inferior to Elio's and it makes them look cheep to undermine a fellow start-up rather than to stand on their own merit as Elio continues to do.

Travelbuzz1

Elio Addict
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1494868690954.jpg
NEW POP UP EVENT AND THIS IS FROM FACEBOOK
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1494719010592966&id=129518003779747

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree but my perspective is that both cars are competitors against the behemoths of the industries. Heck, I think GM is still just a puppet of the Federal Government. Solo and Elio both are spitting in the eye of a pompous Government that has stepped in to interfere with the free enterprise system. That's the real competitor, EA. The way i see it; Solo is cheep to attack a a fellow puny company like Elio when its real competitors are the big guys.
Really all I'm saying is that the Solo's specs are sadly inferior to Elio's and it makes them look cheep to undermine a fellow start-up rather than to stand on their own merit as Elio continues to do.
Two different vehicles for two different market demographics. The only thing they have in common is three wheels. A few may find interest in both as a daily economically fun commuter. EMV is offering the receipt reservation opportunity to reservation holders on any vehicle. I used my Tesla Model 3 reservation receipt to reserve the SOLO. Do you feel EMV is attacking the puny Tesla Motors as well? Go Three Wheels!

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two different vehicles for two different market demographics. The only thing they have in common is three wheels. A few may find interest in both as a daily economically fun commuter. EMV is offering the receipt reservation opportunity to reservation holders on any vehicle. I used my Tesla Model 3 reservation receipt to reserve the SOLO. Do you feel EMV is attacking the puny Tesla Motors as well? Go Three Wheels!
Well I stand corrected about the cheep shot, Rick. I thought Solo had singled out Elio only. My bad. I would really like both to succeed. It would be a shot in the arm for all free spirits who still believe in the naive ideas of what Makes America Great. Elio's also stands out as an answer for single parents and newly weds who need transportation to upwardly mobile jobs. "A bridge to get ahead" for those who want to work.

How much is the IAV Elio engine and is it tested and available?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Long Long ago I tossed in 100 bucks rather than taking my wife to a very nice lobster dinner .No regrets here because I was taught never invest or gamble on anything your not prepared to loose .
I don't think the show is over yet .
I was in a dog house for a while when I put my foot down and told my wife I'm going all in for 1K whether she approves or not! She got over it but still hopeful as I am that EM will succeed. I agree
I'm trying to understand the desperation here. The payload capacity, range, and economy (both price and cost of operation) are the most important aspects of either vehicle. The Solo is double the price, one 7th the range and worse of all the most valuable pay load is of the Human jaundra. Both vehicles are compromise here but two people is the bottom line for me. If you're a stickler for strictly one person commutes only at double the price, go for it.
PS what does a complete set of batteries cost?
Let me set you straight - ELIO- 2 seater, ICE, long range....LONG WAIT!
- SOLO- single seater, EV, 100 mile range-work for me as I'm retired...will start delivering NEXT MONTH!
If you're willing to wait for the ELIO and think that it'll really sell for 7K afterall these years....go for it! Desperation??? Naaahhh! :D

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the spirit!

EMV does not discriminate. They undermine everyone equally. That includes Tesla, Arcimoto, Sondors, Fisker and others.
If the big three and the big foreign companies were taking deposits for the delivery of future production models they'd undermine them too.
And I don't feel that anyone is really slamming anyone here ;)

They're not saying, "Don't buy the competition!" In fact, I only used your term of "undermine" with tongue-in-cheek.
They are simply offering a discount to who have been left waiting. Those that have already proven to be part of market acceptance.

The remaining balance on my Elio is so small that I'd be one of the foolish not to buy both if both are produced.
And there are many of us who see the logic in that as well.

"...stand on their own merit as Elio continues to do."
If only that were true. :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom