• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

After Job Losses Local Lawmaker Wants Elio Investigation

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The SOLO is laughable for my own use case, and arguably attractive to some others, but there are no cheap shots in business. Any notion of business competitors being bound by some sort of gentlemen's honor is naive at best.

Well, I play a lot of progressive rock, loudly, in any car I drive, mine or borrowed. Just saying, magnets can attract and they can repel, just depends on which way you turn 'em and what they're used on. :)
Yep, but you have to make sure you're sending a clear signal when you attract and repel.
If not, the whole thing goes sideways and... poof! That's all she wrote. You end up being burnt out.

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Owning an Elio will at least allow you to Go get you a toupee, find you a woman who will ride with you everywhere. LOL
PS The coupon thingy is a rather cheap shot from and inferior company, if you ask me.
I think we all seen tons of girls over the years that were with bald guys. But yea, not being able to haul a girl with you (if I did find one) is a bummer. But would be a good excuse to have to take her car/SUV all the time and save money. So maybe would still work. IDK.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think we all seen tons of girls over the years that were with bald guys. But yea, not being able to haul a girl with you (if I did find one) is a bummer. But would be a good excuse to have to take her car/SUV all the time and save money. So maybe would still work. IDK.
The girl of your dreams may be driving SOLO too, but keep in mind 2 Solos could travel in tandem to a predetermined meeting place, an Elio Store where they traded in one of the SOLOs and lived happily ever after. :)

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At my age I do not need a girl to pick up, but I do like the idea of my wife being a real back seat driver. I also like 672 miles before refueling. I will always favor the Elio over the Solo !

booboo

Elio Addict
Reaction score

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That's the spirit!

EMV does not discriminate. They undermine everyone equally. That includes Tesla, Arcimoto, Sondors, Fisker and others.
If the big three and the big foreign companies were taking deposits for the delivery of future production models they'd undermine them too.
And I don't feel that anyone is really slamming anyone here ;)

They're not saying, "Don't buy the competition!" In fact, I only used your term of "undermine" with tongue-in-cheek.
They are simply offering a discount to who have been left waiting. Those that have already proven to be part of market acceptance.

The remaining balance on my Elio is so small that I'd be one of the foolish not to buy both if both are produced.
And there are many of us who see the logic in that as well.

"...stand on their own merit as Elio continues to do."
If only that were true. :(
Very well said EA.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
At my age I do not need a girl to pick up, but I do like the idea of my wife being a real back seat driver. I also like 672 miles before refueling. I will always favor the Elio over the Solo !
There ya go Doug. You obviously preferred the ELIO because it has two seat, some of us preferred the SOLO because it's a single seater and it's EV and are willing to pay 15K for it. And then some wanted to buy both. Some thinks ELIO will still be produced and believed it will be sold for 7K, some just wanted a 3wheeler ICE or EV and can be had while they're still "vertical"! :D The choice is always "yours".

Hootersnoocher

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
It's a joke! It's better for me than getting all upset. My 1K reservation is no joke though, it's serious money for me so anybody who does not have skins in the game and thinks he/she have the same right to get upset for me being opinionated, think again.
Then if you have money in you should not have spent, I say shame on you.

Doug McDow

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There ya go Doug. You obviously preferred the ELIO because it has two seat, some of us preferred the SOLO because it's a single seater and it's EV and are willing to pay 15K for it. And then some wanted to buy both. Some thinks ELIO will still be produced and believed it will be sold for 7K, some just wanted a 3wheeler ICE or EV and can be had while they're still "vertical"! :D The choice is always "yours".
You hit the nail on the head!:p

Top Bottom