• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aftermarket Mods?

Vertical doors?

• Stupid

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Okay

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Brilliant

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Not for me

Votes: 18 48.6%

• Total voters

Mr. D_Lo

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody had thought about what they wanted to do to their elio that Eplus doesn't offer...

for me I want to add LEDs under the dash and at the feet of passenger (when the door is ajar) so to be able to see.

I also want to ad underglow lighting... which yes is stupid but I Like how it looks.
as well as a couple of regular sized speakers somewhere for better sound quality

and most probably the thing I want to do the most, is, LAMBORGHINI Door I'm a larger fellow and if I park in a spot next to a couple of bad parking Yahoos I need as much room as possible to swing that door out. also if I were to parallel park i don't want to swing my door out into the street.

what about you guys? what are your big plans?

Last edited:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I was wondering if anybody had thought about what they wanted to do to their elio that Eplus doesn't offer...

for me I want to add LEDs under the dash and at the feet of passenger (when the door is ajar) so to be able to see.

I also want to ad underglow lighting... which yes is stupid but I Like how it looks.
as well as a couple of regular sized speakers somewhere for better sound quality

and most probably the thing I want to do the most, is, LAMBORGHINI Door I'm a larger fellow and if I park in a spot next to a couple of bad parking Yahoos I need as much room as possible to swing that door out. also if I were to parallel park i don't want to swing my door out into the street.

Hey D_Lo,

One interesting thing that takes a while to wrap the brain around: the front wheels stick out beyond the side of the car. So parking next to a bad parking Yahoo? No proaaahhhblem. I forget the exact difference between outer edge of fender and edge of door, but that should help give you the room you need. :rockon:

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
People on this board make fun of us that want vertical doors, but I could not care less. They make the kid in me giddy. They are also uncommon around here, I have seen exactly 0 outside of car shows around here in the last decade that were not actually on a Lamborghini. Plus, I cannot think of a modern non-exotic car that they would fit better than an Elio. The Elio is unconventional as is, so an unconventional door works for me. Hopefully there is enough room in the door hinge area to accommodate a vertical door hinge.

I will wait to see how the upgraded 3.5" speakers and the Thunderform sub and additional two speakers it adds sound before planning further audio upgrades. I plan on adding my own backup camera. I am also interested in a turbo with heated leather seats which is why I am waiting for the second year run. Heated leather seat covers are easy to add, so mainly waiting on a factory turbo. If one is not offered for the second year, I will just pull the trigger and add my own.

Frim

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I like the Lamborghini door too. I want to see that first installation. I am big fat boy and I hate fighting the door away from me while I try to swing my feet out. It is especially worrisome if the car is parked up hill. I will be looking for the Monte Carlo seat too. This may be my last toy. I want o get It right.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
You need to add a "Not for me Thank you" up in your poll.
I don't think they're stupid; but it's not the look I was going for in mine.
I have a lot of other one off items I plan on doing.
The speakers; the jury is still out on those until I see what I'm working with for correct placement so that the acoustics are right.

The under car lights are illegal on the street in a lot of places; unless it's parked. Then there are limits you can and can't have them do.

I build show and custom cars for years for other people; this time (now that I'm retired) it will be for me.
I do plan of marketing a few of the items to other people.
I already have a list of people that what the gauge cluster I'm building.

Grumpy Cat

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I like the Lamborghini door too. I want to see that first installation. I am big fat boy and I hate fighting the door away from me while I try to swing my feet out. It is especially worrisome if the car is parked up hill. I will be looking for the Monte Carlo seat too. This may be my last toy. I want o get It right.
lambo_thumb-5560b616cbd9e.jpg

Top Bottom