• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Air Herald Article... Say What?

Neal

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The helmet compartment they are talking about is the trunk.

ClubJoe
Sunny Brandon, FL
I suppose it could be, but the way it is written:
"Both the driver and passenger seats have rear storage decks that are capable of housing one helmet each."
doesn't sound like they are talking about the trunk. Sounds like they are just misinformed.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
I suppose it could be, but the way it is written:
"Both the driver and passenger seats have rear storage decks that are capable of housing one helmet each."
doesn't sound like they are talking about the trunk. Sounds like they are just misinformed.

Agree 100% Neal, thus the unintended humor that l see coming from the article. As Ty stated above, the title of the article says "Facts about the Elio", and the statement about the helmet storage decks is definitely not a fact. If they meant the trunk, they would have said "The trunk is capable of housing two helmets." And even that doesn't make much sense, as adults 21 and older don't need a helmet in all states right now, except MO, NE, WV, NC, and MS. And we are all hoping that those laws will change so that drivers in those states won't need a helmet by the time they are driving their Elio.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
http://airherald.com/combining-all-...w-84-mpg-three-wheeler-from-elio-motors/7597/

Above is an article by Amir Heydari. Snip:

*big grin here* Comments??!!
That's an easy one! They are confusing it with the open cockpit beast from Polaris. It's called the Slingshot and does have storage room behind each seat for helmet storage. For a fun video on it go to You Tube and look up Polaris Slingshot. It's a hot, side by side, rear wheel drive version of the CanAm "bike". The purpose is high performance, open cockpit fun. Oh and it is estimated to cost $22-25K.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
That's an easy one! They are confusing it with the open cockpit beast from Polaris. It's called the Slingshot and does have storage room behind each seat for helmet storage. For a fun video on it go to You Tube and look up Polaris Slingshot. It's a hot, side by side, rear wheel drive version of the CanAm "bike". The purpose is high performance, open cockpit fun. Oh and it is estimated to cost $22-25K.

Hey Mike! Welcome to the forum, from your neighboring state to the east. I wouldn't call it "an easy one", that was well done by you! Too funny, Amir Heydari is confusing the Elio with the Polaris, probably writing articles for them both at the same time, with no prior knowledge of either.

We have some discussions in other threads on the Slingshot, it's an interesting vehicle, looks very fun.

Mike W

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hey Mike! Welcome to the forum, from your neighboring state to the east. I wouldn't call it "an easy one", that was well done by you! Too funny, Amir Heydari is confusing the Elio with the Polaris, probably writing articles for them both at the same time, with no prior knowledge of either.

We have some discussions in other threads on the Slingshot, it's an interesting vehicle, looks very fun.
I guess it comes of researching various and sundry vehicles. We downsized recently and so we had to sell our dearly loved scooters (150 & 125 cc Hondas, no room at the new digs) and so looking for somthing to replace both them and our 1990 Ford Ranger had become something of a hobby. All sorts of options, none terribly affordable, a number of them really fun (the Slingshot & CanAm). I stumbled on the Elio last year while we had the scoots yet so it only registered as a pleasant oddity. I restumbled on it this year and after researching it (the usual spec details, vialbility of the company, development/production timeline) we decided to go for it. The pickup should last another year so we're hoping no major glitches occur to push it back. We decided to go the "all in" option.

Top Bottom