• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Air Herald Article... Say What?

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I guess it comes of researching various and sundry vehicles. We downsized recently and so we had to sell our dearly loved scooters (150 & 125 cc Hondas, no room at the new digs) and so looking for somthing to replace both them and our 1990 Ford Ranger had become something of a hobby. All sorts of options, none terribly affordable, a number of them really fun (the Slingshot & CanAm). I stumbled on the Elio last year while we had the scoots yet so it only registered as a pleasant oddity. I restumbled on it this year and after researching it (the usual spec details, vialbility of the company, development/production timeline) we decided to go for it. The pickup should last another year so we're hoping no major glitches occur to push it back. We decided to go the "all in" option.
Hi and welcome from Oregon, Mike W. I like the fact that you jumped right in with some valuable insight on that Air Herald Article. Great job! I hope you enjoy exploring this forum and the many threads it provides. It will also help pass the time if not help in maintaining the condition of your Ranger while you wait for your Elio. Lots of friendly people here and huge quantities of information, speculation, creativity and humor. Savor the experience and time will seem to fly. :) Z

Last edited:

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
"Both the driver and passenger seats have rear storage decks that are capable of housing one helmet each."

could it be that with people in the car the helmet storage is on the persons' heads .... with out people in the car the storage area is on the empty seats .. :confused:

Jim

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
"Both the driver and passenger seats have rear storage decks that are capable of housing one helmet each."

could it be that with people in the car the helmet storage is on the persons' heads .... with out people in the car the storage area is on the empty seats .. :confused:

Jim
The driver doesn't have a storage deck, but you could easily strap his helmet to the back of the headrest(and put candy in it for the passenger, or a pS4 as the case requires). lol

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100% Neal, thus the unintended humor that l see coming from the article. As Ty stated above, the title of the article says "Facts about the Elio", and the statement about the helmet storage decks is definitely not a fact. If they meant the trunk, they would have said "The trunk is capable of housing two helmets." And even that doesn't make much sense, as adults 21 and older don't need a helmet in all states right now, except MO, NE, WV, NC, and MS. And we are all hoping that those laws will change so that drivers in those states won't need a helmet by the time they are driving their Elio.
The humor, that I saw, was that the article claimed "ALL KNOWN FACTS about the Elio" and then didn't even put in most of the known facts. :eek:

Top Bottom