• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All In At $1000.00? Really?

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
:)
Call ma a Pollyanna but the value of this concept is just beginning to be realized.........Given that
Mr. Jindal & the citizens of Shreveport and surrounding environs have a vested interest in seeing
Elio succeed & that the folks on the board have been through the cars wars before............I hedge
my bet on success & am in the "Got to have" it category...........:)

Paolo

Elio Fan
Reaction score
To the original question - I offer 2 thoughts:

First, it was not questioned IF the vehicle would be delivered - that is good. It is expected that the product will improve over time. I also want go get an improved model 'down the road'. But I want one now. I also see the Elio approach (design & engineering) as a sound one and expect that once these machines hit the streets - and don't earn any bad reputations, demand will increase dramatically. All those 'on the fence' will suddenly get enough impetus to jump in the game. I expect that I could easily sell my 2,3,4, or 5 year old Elio for not much if any loss - if I wanted or needed to sell. Being such a low cost transportation option (consider that many truck and SUV owners spend $4K/yr or more just on fuel) that $1K is low risk. What does the $1K buy? It gets me in the game, a $500 discount, the opportunity to be first (metaphorically), and mostly - generates and will continue to generate excitement. It's a like a win-win gamble. The big risk is that Elio encounters a hurdle that ends that game.

Second, I see the commit being mainly about joining a group that hopes to help change the way things are currently done. If you can afford to 'gamble with' $1K, this is a rare opportunity to put 'your money where your mouth is'. Everyone can bitch about big oil, large corporations controlling the government and keeping the status quo, etc. Paul Elio is a guy with a vision and wants to change the game a bit. Many of us are now speaking with our $$$ (instead of waving banners and marching in front of the capitol). $1K is as loud as I can shout right now. </soapbox>

Go go Elio.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score

First, it was not questioned IF the vehicle would be delivered - that is good. It is expected that the product will improve over time. I also want go get an improved model 'down the road'. But I want one now. I also see the Elio approach (design & engineering) as a sound one and expect that once these machines hit the streets - and don't earn any bad reputations, demand will increase dramatically. All those 'on the fence' will suddenly get enough impetus to jump in the game. I expect that I could easily sell my 2,3,4, or 5 year old Elio for not much if any loss - if I wanted or needed to sell. Being such a low cost transportation option (consider that many truck and SUV owners spend $4K/yr or more just on fuel) that $1K is low risk. What does the $1K buy? It gets me in the game, a $500 discount, the opportunity to be first (metaphorically), and mostly - generates and will continue to generate excitement. It's a like a win-win gamble. The big risk is that Elio encounters a hurdle that ends that game.

Second, I see the commit being mainly about joining a group that hopes to help change the way things are currently done. If you can afford to 'gamble with' $1K, this is a rare opportunity to put 'your money where your mouth is'. Everyone can bitch about big oil, large corporations controlling the government and keeping the status quo, etc. Paul Elio is a guy with a vision and wants to change the game a bit. Many of us are now speaking with our $$$ (instead of waving banners and marching in front of the capitol). $1K is as loud as I can shout right now. </soapbox>

Go go Elio.

Paola, love your reasoning and absolutely agree. There are those who make it happen and those that complaint that it isn't happening. Glad to be "all in" to make this a reality.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Go go Elio.
Paolo I like your comments, your thoughts and Love your avatar. Welcome to the group. I look forward to reading more of your comments. Do you have any extra room on that soapbox? LOL Z

Jerry Greif

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just a thought, but wouldn't it ensure a better built vehicle if you weren't one of the very first ones to get one? In my younger days (48 now) I worked some production jobs, and there is always a learning curve. Now we're talking about new factory equipment and new employees building the cars for the folks that went all in for $1000.00. JMO, but I think all in at $200.00 or $500.00 would be a better choice. The way I see it, The new employees will be learning thier jobs building your Elios and by the time they get to mine, they wil have learned exactly what to do. The "tricks of the trade" if you will. Any thoughts?
I would bet a lot of the Elio workers will be former GM employees that worked at this plant, most likely the experienced ones will be training others on the assembly line. I would expect that they may run 25 or 30 down the line to get every thing worked out then they will start with our Elios. I also expect their quality control to identify and correct any issues before our Elios leave the plant.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree in principle. But after 1500 or so I think they'll have all assembly stuff worked out. Since most of the parts are 'off the shelf' they have been vetted already so supplier issues and new parts problems will be minimal.
But... And it's a big but... Of these types of companies the ones that make it typically don't long term. It's an unfortunate truth. I think Elio will make it to production, and I want one. How long they will be able to maintain production is another huge question mark altogether.
They are not going to throw out 1500 cars just because number 1501 was the first good one. They will fix every one and ship them out. Quality wise, they will all be the same.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are not going to throw out 1500 cars just because number 1501 was the first good one. They will fix every one and ship them out. Quality wise, they will all be the same.
I'm just saying that there are more than 1500 people who are all in at $1000. Any issues will be thoroughly worked out by the time # 1500 is delivered. People who go all in from here on have nothing to worry about quality wise. The original question is really directed at an audience that no longer exists IMO.

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just saying that there are more than 1500 people who are all in at $1000. Any issues will be thoroughly worked out by the time # 1500 is delivered. People who go all in from here on have nothing to worry about quality wise. The original question is really directed at an audience that no longer exists IMO.
Well, keep in mind Brainmatter, newbees (like me) are really just now finding out about the Elio. We will have many questions for the people (like you) that are way ahead of us in knowledge about this vehicle. Please don't say " an audience that no longer exists" when actually, that audience is growing daily. We're all on the same team, and want to see this happen. Yes, we (newbees) will ask some questions that maybe you've known the answers to for years, and that's where we'll need your experience, honest opinion, and knowledge.

Brainmatter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind Brainmatter, newbees (like me) are really just now finding out about the Elio. We will have many questions for the people (like you) that are way ahead of us in knowledge about this vehicle. Please don't say " an audience that no longer exists" when actually, that audience is growing daily. We're all on the same team, and want to see this happen. Yes, we (newbees) will ask some questions that maybe you've known the answers to for years, and that's where we'll need your experience, honest opinion, and knowledge.
I think you are reading too much into my answer. It's hard to explain exactly what I meant other than what I said. But essentially it is this: those who are already all in early, the very early adopters, are 'in'. So the people who should be concerned about the quality of the vehicle early on in production "no longer exist" IMO. Those slots are filled.
That was all I meant.
If your question had been asked at the 100 or 1000 reservation level, then it would have been a more valid question. But we are at (if current reservations keep coming in at the same rate) over 12,000 reservations. A good portion of those all in at $1000.
I think the question was already answered well before you asked it. It was answered by 12000 people who put money up. Unless the question was only directed at the first 100 or 1000 'all in' reservation holders. Essentially, you were questioning the judgment of 12,000 people.... really.

Top Bottom