• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

All In At $1000.00? Really?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am one of those who want an Elio bad enough that I am willing to go all-in at the $1000 level. We can help make this a reality by believing in Elio management enough to put our money where our mouth is. As an optimist, I am confident that the public will embrace the Elio and it's future is bright.

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
They are not going to throw out 1500 cars just because number 1501 was the first good one. They will fix every one and ship them out. Quality wise, they will all be the same.
I agree. Realize that before any car go to an automated assembly line, all the parameters are loaded on a computer and there will be "eyes" or computer cameras that watches every step of the assembly line that sounds an alarm or totally stops the machines when a step was missed. Robots nowadays are more reliable than their human counterparts I'm sorry to say. The rest are the workers that install the doors, windows, engines, etc. and finally the seal of approval from quality control people. I would say the first 30-50 will be scrutinized so closely that nothing leaves the factory until they're confident that they're not sending a bunch of "lemons" that will bite them in the ass a short time later. If anyone of you that belong to the first 50 reservations that would rather wait until "all the kinks are worked out", I would be more than happy to take your spot! I'm # 2,491 on the waiting list.:D

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree. Realize that before any car go to an automated assembly line, all the parameters are loaded on a computer and there will be "eyes" or computer cameras that watches every step of the assembly line that sounds an alarm or totally stops the machines when a step was missed. Robots nowadays are more reliable than their human counterparts I'm sorry to say. The rest are the workers that install the doors, windows, engines, etc. and finally the seal of approval from quality control people. I would say the first 30-50 will be scrutinized so closely that nothing leaves the factory until they're confident that they're not sending a bunch of "lemons" that will bite them in the ass a short time later. If anyone of you that belong to the first 50 reservations that would rather wait until "all the kinks are worked out", I would be more than happy to take your spot! I'm # 2,491 on the waiting list.:D

First one on the street doe’s not mean the first one made. The quality of the first one to hit the street will be as good as # 1500.
You almost quoted my post verbatim, but I think you missed the point.

http://www.elioowners.com/threads/all-in-at-1000-00-really.751/

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind Brainmatter, newbees (like me) are really just now finding out about the Elio. We will have many questions for the people (like you) that are way ahead of us in knowledge about this vehicle. Please don't say " an audience that no longer exists" when actually, that audience is growing daily. We're all on the same team, and want to see this happen. Yes, we (newbees) will ask some questions that maybe you've known the answers to for years, and that's where we'll need your experience, honest opinion, and knowledge.
DWR is just pointing out that the first 3000 or so spots are already locked up and by the time they start getting to the rest of us that all the kinks should be worked out. I'm only in for $100 but will increase that the closer we get to actual production and if we still have a country! Double D

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
DWR is just pointing out that the first 3000 or so spots are already locked up and by the time they start getting to the rest of us that all the kinks should be worked out. I'm only in for $100 but will increase that the closer we get to actual production and if we still have a country! Double D

Just think, if you wait till 2020 you will have one of the best ones on the road. JMO

Last edited:

Jayne Shelby

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Production line redundancy will quickly weed out all the problems. The workers will have a small learning curve and in short time will become experts at what they do. They will be able to quickly identify problems and have them corrected. One thing the American worker does is take pride I their work. I have no concerns. Now if I only had $900.00 more dollars to get all in with a production number.

Daniel Venzke

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I'm all in, even though I couldn't afford the K choice. I have complete confidence Elio will be successful because of the intensely intricate path they are taking toward production. They are clearing the way at State Houses across the country for unencumbered registration and operating requirements. They have the production site lined up. They are fine tuning a concept into reality step by careful step. They have persons in place to answer questions on the many social sites with patient, practical care. They don't back down from criticism and skepticism, but meet it head on with facts. I know I will love my Elio, because I already have only respect and high regard for the Elio Motors company and its people. First class all the way!

raybonz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm all in, even though I couldn't afford the K choice. I have complete confidence Elio will be successful because of the intensely intricate path they are taking toward production. They are clearing the way at State Houses across the country for unencumbered registration and operating requirements. They have the production site lined up. They are fine tuning a concept into reality step by careful step. They have persons in place to answer questions on the many social sites with patient, practical care. They don't back down from criticism and skepticism, but meet it head on with facts. I know I will love my Elio, because I already have only respect and high regard for the Elio Motors company and its people. First class all the way!
+1 Well said Dan!

Ray

Double D in Ohio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Just think, if you wait till 2020 you will have one of the best ones on the road. JMO
Craig, not all of us have the money to gamble away.....I'm a conservative poker player....When I stay in most my friend's bail because they are aware that I've probably got a winning hand. I'm all in and can increase that as we see what happens to the USA as a Country and to Elio as a Company...... If you got the money to burn be my guest. Double D

jetpack54

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Craig, not all of us have the money to gamble away.....I'm a conservative poker player....When I stay in most my friend's bail because they are aware that I've probably got a winning hand. I'm all in and can increase that as we see what happens to the USA as a Country and to Elio as a Company...... If you got the money to burn be my guest. Double D
Play it safe is the right move right now. There's plenty of time to go "all in". My gut feeling is June/July will be the critical moment for EM to come up with the goods and based on the results, the production moves forward or pushed back...again! There's no sense on playing "chicken" until then. ;)

Top Bottom