• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
More jobs in the USA to answer the repair line?
That would be Wonderful!!!
I really prefer having a US help desk, that's why I pay extra for Dell Pro Support, all US based call center.
And they don't have to read from a script, plus you don't have to ask them to repeat everything 4 times.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Read today where there is another executive order about to be signed; this time it is directed at H-1B Visas.
(Anyone that has been in IT work knows what these are) companies are going to be limited to how many they can have, an have to prove that they have exhausted all US applications first. In total, they are also being limited to 85,000 total for the whole country.
They are also going to inspect the hiring practices have these companies that have shipped Help Desks overseas, and fine them if they do not bring them back. This was a good idea (the H-1B program) until larger companies abused it to increase profits.
Maybe this will get companies to start looking at hiring IT workers over 50 again. These are the only ones that are going to have the qualifications they need; rather than giving it to a H-1B worker that will work for half the $. This one I want to keep an eye on.
Looking to get your old job back, Coss :p

Top Bottom