• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
And only the price of an Elio :p
True, but when the original Plasma TV's came out they were $42,000.00, I got my 42" plasma over 14 years ago for $2,200, and now that same TV goes for $679.00. My 70" Sony LED/LCD cost me $2,000.00 6 years ago, and they're still up in that range, and they go up to 90" now.
I always thought the 42" was going to be all the bigger I needed, then I got the 70" and the 42" looked like a 15" monitor by comparison.
Funny how things like that change your perception.

Mel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I always thought the 42" was going to be all the bigger I needed, then I got the 70" and the 42" looked like a 15" monitor by comparison.
Funny how things like that change your perception.
Yep, I remember when I got my first 26" TV. That thing was huge!

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, I remember when I got my first 26" TV. That thing was huge!
Reminds me of an article in one of the PC magazines mumble-mumble years ago, which did some testing to demonstrate how much more productive people were using 17" monitors over 15" monitors, enough to justify their greater cost.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Reminds me of an article in one of the PC magazines mumble-mumble years ago, which did some testing to demonstrate how much more productive people were using 17" monitors over 15" monitors, enough to justify their greater cost.
Yes, but a 17" on your desk was a MONSTER and probably took up almost 1/4 of your desk.
I remember people putting 17" CRT's on an arm designed for a 15"; if you wanted to swing it out of the way, you held on to both sides and had to pick up before you moved it, otherwise the clamp that held it to the desk would pop off and everything came crashing down. :(

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Bought a 17" Trinatron Flat screen CRT. My pride and joy for a LOOOONG time.

(now using a 60" monstrosity and a custom cockpit)
A custom cockpit? Pictures please. Do you do a lot of flight sims or something?

I run my 3 monitors here (22-24-22) across, and when I was working I had 2 - 19" above the 3 do I could watch data pathing and rates

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
A little FYI for everyone; if you get an email from a return address of "safebinarytrades.com" DON"T OPEN IT!!
It's bogus and will load you with some really strong ransomware. So if you get one, don't get curious with the links and just delete it.
The come with a number of different subject lines, and topics in their email, like "Here's your receipt for "xyz" or "a stop payment has been issued on: "
The one I got today had a subject line of "[WARNING] ** TRANSACTION VOIDED ** please confirm. And the link in the email says "Please Verify Your Transactions Here then below that it has "We need you to make sure your payment details match and are correct and set for NET 7 payments"

Don't click those links unless you want to infect your computer or phone or table.

Top Bottom