• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Email from Newegg:
A shopper has a question that we thought you might be able to answer because you bought BAFX Products BAFX3127 Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool for Android... on November 6, 2016.
A shopper asks:
"Can this product work with Computer (PC) instead of Android?"
Well? What did you tell him?;)

Jambe

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well? What did you tell him?;)

I said, "Let me ask Coss and Ty. They know all about these Geeky things."

I don't know the answer. I do know that I receive text messages sent to my phone on my computer, but that takes a program that runs on my computer which is something that the Torque app does not provide.??

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Email from Newegg:

A shopper has a question that we thought you might be able to answer because you bought BAFX Products BAFX3127 Bluetooth OBD2 Diagnostic Scan Tool for Android... on November 6, 2016.

A shopper asks:
"Can this product work with Computer (PC) instead of Android?"

Most Laptops have Bluetooth built in. You can get a Bluetooth USB antenna for about $5-10.

Now all you need is software.

http://www.obdautodoctor.com/

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

I don't know the answer. I do know that I receive text messages sent to my phone on my computer, but that takes a program that runs on my computer which is something that the Torque app does not provide.??
Ok, the answer is No, it will not work on a PC if the unit was created to run on Android only; unless your PC is running an Android OS (highly unlikely)

<Edit>

Let me change that answer; you can run an Android app on a Windows PC if you have a Android Emulator like "ARC welder"
But from what this article states, they are an extreme PITA to set up.

It would be easier to get a Windows app that has the same functionally as that Android app.

Chaz

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, the answer is No, it will not work on a PC if the unit was created to run on Android only; unless your PC is running an Android OS (highly unlikely)

<Edit>

Let me change that answer; you can run an Android app on a Windows PC if you have a Android Emulator like "ARC welder"
But from what this article states, they are an extreme PITA to set up.

It would be easier to get a Windows app that has the same functionally as that Android app.

I would most likely run on many chromebooks. Although I really don't know why you would want it to.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I would most likely run on many chromebooks. Although I really don't know why you would want it to.
Agreed, unless your office space is in the garage so your PC is within viewing range of your car.

Sounds like way too much effort for keeping an app.
Maybe they have a hard time learning, and they know the program from their phone, but doesn't want to go through learning a new program so they can run it on the PC. No matter, it's one of those customer questions that they have some really strange reason for wanting to do it that way; and the only way to learn what it is, you would have to sit down and play 50 questions with the customer.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score

I'm sure there is some software somewhere that would work with it on a computer but I must confess I've never seen the need to connect my computer to my car. Hell, my cell phone is more powerful than most of the computers I've owned in my life. (Obviously, not the most current ones)

Though, through a cursory search, there seems to be several places to get a windows version of the "Torque" app from Ian Hawkins.

www.windows8apk.com/down_APK_Torque-Pro-OBD-2-amp-Car_Windows8.html

I have not verified the link above and only include it to aid others in their search.

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Gotta be careful about running a laptop in a car. Many states have laws against watching TV while driving. You might find yourself having to explain to a cop why you have a TV running in your car while cruising down the interstate.

Top Bottom