• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Maurtis

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I haven't run windows on my home machines since the days of XP. Linux mint is too stable not to run it.

Windows has come a long way. My main desktop is Windows 10, but the computer to my right is an OS X desktop and to my left is a CentOS 7 desktop and I have two ESXi boxes running a handful of other Linux servers in VMs. All of them are stable and the only maintenance chore that I have with Windows is more frequent reboots to install updates than on OS X or Linux.

It has been years since I have seen a BSOD (knock on wood).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The point of the article is a good one; for the people that know Open Source it's good; and while you have good programmers that make it easy for the end users, that's great; but what happens when those code writers leave and the ones you replace them with may know open source; they want to do certain things "their way" and don't take the end users into consideration? Chaos.
So now after they built it, and times have changed, it don't have the same continuity as a commercial product like Windows. Chaos and confusion.

That's the point of the article.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The point of the article is a good one; for the people that know Open Source it's good; and while you have good programmers that make it easy for the end users, that's great; but what happens when those code writers leave and the ones you replace them with may know open source; they want to do certain things "their way" and don't take the end users into consideration? Chaos.
So now after they built it, and times have changed, it don't have the same continuity as a commercial product like Windows. Chaos and confusion.

That's the point of the article.

That's not a Linux problem, that's an HR problem.

Linux needs fewer, better developers and admins and they need to be paid accordingly.

i feel no sympathy for a company/group/organization that can't keep their top employees.

wizard of ahs

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Me to, after I spent a year looking for a new job. If you're over 55 and in IT, companies don't want you, no matter how good you are.
If you're over 55 looking for ANY job, they don't want you !!!
I lucked out on my last job, at 55 NOBODY wanted me, finally landed a gig and hung in there until my "nest egg" was where I wanted it.........just retired in July :D

Top Bottom