• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Ty

Elio Addict
Reaction score
With offices across North America, Mexico, Europe and Asia, IQMS' EnterpriseIQ manufacturing ERP software keeps manufacturers lean, competitive and profitable in eight languages at manufacturing companies around the world.

It isn't up to Elio to keep it from being hacked.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Originally companies had one large central computer and people's keyboards and monitors connected to it. All computing was done on the main frame.

Then everyone went to distributed processing where everyone had their own PC computer.

Now things are going back to centralization. This makes sense with several independent companies coordinating with each other. But also, by having a central company computer, the company does not have to buy a software license for every person's PC. Just buy a few and keep them on the main frame. When people need that program, use one of then on the main frame.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
In 1999 I did an external 1TB RAID Array for this Title company in Denver.
The biggest SCSI drives at the time were 72GB, and these boxes were just packed with HDD.
You had to, to get 1TB in a RAID5 configuration.
And the big kicker; $93,000 for the RAID Array, not including install and hook up labor time.

Fast forward 17 years and find an ad like this:

1TB.gif

Single drive; 1TB SATA HDD; for under $50

My goodness how quickly technology has changed.

Rob Croson

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, drive capacities are crazy these days. The 2TB version of that drive as ~$75, and the 3TB is ~$95.

The SSD market is really exploding, and outstripping the capacities of traditional platter drives by far. Samsung already sells 16TB SSDs. True, they are stupid expensive so far, but that will change. 2TB internal SSDs are ~$500.

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
SSD's for main disk and older spinners for backups (along with cloud back for the backup)

I remember turning on the computer, making a snack and getting back just in time to sign in.
With the SSD I barely have time to get comfortable.

I've seen RAID 5 setups with all SSD's. A sigh to behold.

On the down side, some games have suggestions and hints on the load screen.
I never get to see them :eek:

"To kill the dragon you-" *GAME STARTS*

NO NO NO!!! WAIT!!!!

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
SSD's for main disk and older spinners for backups (along with cloud back for the backup)
I remember turning on the computer, making a snack and getting back just in time to sign in.
With the SSD I barely have time to get comfortable.
I've seen RAID 5 setups with all SSD's. A sigh to behold.
On the down side, some games have suggestions and hints on the load screen.
I never get to see them :eek:
"To kill the dragon you-" *GAME STARTS*

NO NO NO!!! WAIT!!!!

Then here's an old trick for you that still works today (I showed this to a Dell Tech support guy and he was amazed).
Now some keyboards have an F-Lock key to turn on the F1 to F12 keys; if yours does, make sure it's off.
Somewhere around that same area you have a key you've probably have never used; it's the Pause / Break key.
When you get a startup screen that goes by too fast, hit the P/B key once, depending on a few things, it will stop your screen from advancing.
To release it, hit that key again.
I've tried this in Windows Workstations (Win95 to Win10) and in Windows Server and it worked on all of them.
But it will only work that first time you open that program; occasionally it will work if the program has been opened before hand.

Try it, it's worth the shot.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score

CrimsonEclipse

Elio Addict
Reaction score
About 10 years ago, Munich Germany dropped everything Windows based and said they are going to lead the world into using all open-sourced software to run everything in the city.
It starting to look like it didn't work out the way they planned.

Open-source pioneer Munich debates report that suggests abandoning Linux for Windows 10

Linux is a much better solution. Problem, most developers make poor interfaces and human interaction.

User: I have problem X
Help Desk or Admin: Enter these 3 pages of command line instructions PERFECTLY

A web based setup is inherently browser agnostic and is being used in the "Bring Your Own Device" mindset.

Now most modern apps can be used with WIN7-10, MAC, Android, Linux, and ChromeOS.

Win7/Linux/ChromeOS user

Last edited:
Top Bottom