• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
IF YOU RUN WINDOWS 10 .........
If you run Win10 there is a monster update waiting for you; you do have to go into "Settings" and click on the "Update & Security" icon to get to the update.
(They are giving you the chance to choose to do it; before they automatically make you do it) it's called "Windows update 1511"
MS used to call these Service Packs, now it's just a "update".
I ran it last night and it took 3 hours to fully install (and my machine is very "healthy" performance wise) ; then I spent almost an hour this morning readjusting all of my display settings, moving icons back were they belong (I run 3 monitors), playing with all of the font settings (they through everyone should use 8 point fonts on everything) and shutting off warnings, and trying to get my special items back on the desktop, and on and on. It just sticks it's fingers in everything.
So if you do get this update, just be aware of what it takes to install it.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Now that I've had Win10 for a while (well almost a year now) I've gotten used to it, and I do like it.
The boot up is the fastest compared to Win7 and Win8.1
Plus I phased out the really old equipment that I kept trying to make work, and no more problems like I first had.

<Know anyone looking for a Kodak 30-40ppm scanner? I have one I'm not using :becky:>

Marshall

Elio Addict
Reaction score
IF YOU RUN WINDOWS 10 .........
If you run Win10 there is a monster update waiting for you; you do have to go into "Settings" and click on the "Update & Security" icon to get to the update.
(They are giving you the chance to choose to do it; before they automatically make you do it) it's called "Windows update 1511"
MS used to call these Service Packs, now it's just a "update".
I ran it last night and it took 3 hours to fully install (and my machine is very "healthy" performance wise) ; then I spent almost an hour this morning readjusting all of my display settings, moving icons back were they belong (I run 3 monitors), playing with all of the font settings (they through everyone should use 8 point fonts on everything) and shutting off warnings, and trying to get my special items back on the desktop, and on and on. It just sticks it's fingers in everything.
So if you do get this update, just be aware of what it takes to install it.
This note probably just kept me from looking for a new machine. I would have assumed mine was infected with an evil virus. But 8 point will require a magnifying glass.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
This note probably just kept me from looking for a new machine. I would have assumed mine was infected with an evil virus. But 8 point will require a magnifying glass.
That's is the easiest problem to fix; you just go into the settings and change it; I have everything set at 11 point now.

My machine is a Win10 upgrade from Win7 Pro; the new machine I picked up for my wife was Win10 from the beginning and I'm finding a lot of difference between the two. Mine kept a lot of Win7 pieces, where on hers, since it never had 7 doesn't have those. Hers hasn't come close to some of the problems I've run into on mine. I should have wiped mine clean and reloaded from scratch.

But I've been an early adopter ever since I started playing with computers back in the 80's; networking was easy for me to pick up; and I've worked with so many different databases I should have a DB PHD (I still can't figure out why developers like flat DB's; vertical DB's are so much more stable; and you can control the tables without disrupting the masters). Printing still drives me crazy at times; but they're nothing compared to network scanners/MFP's (aarrgghh).

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
If anyone has a problem with Spam emails, I've found a program I've been using for about 6 months now that works great.
It's called CloudMark Desktop One
Comes in 2 flavors, one free, one you pay for (I've been using the free one).
It does a great job filtering out spam and junk, and puts it in a spam folder.
And you do "train it" while using it.

Good Stuff :thumb:

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
The end is near: Say goodbye to the Windows 10 free upgrade

...we want to remind you that if you haven't taken advantage of the free upgrade offer, now is the time. The free upgrade offer to Windows 10 was a first for Microsoft, helping people upgrade faster than ever before. And time is running out. The free upgrade offer will end on July 29 and we want to make sure you don't miss out. After July 29th, you'll be able to continue to get Windows 10 on a new device, or purchase a full version of Windows 10 Home for $119.

But how much will Windows 10 Pro cost?

Well, if you head over to the Microsoft Store right now, you'll find that you can purchase both Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro as a download or on a USB flash drive. Windows 10 Pro will cost you $199.99. And moving past the July 29 deadline for the free upgrade, it's a pretty safe bet that prices will remain the same—especially since they're the same price points that the full versions of Windows 8.1 Home and Pro sold for when that operating system was new.

Top Bottom