• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Am I The Only Person Who Likes The Elgin Dash?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if Pep Boys is
up to the task?? :rolleyes::car:
now that's funny, I picture the rear end dropping into the changing pit as the "mechanics" forgot the center rail.
Wiper (singular for E), oil changes, air filter replacement require advanced training at the Boys. Beginners place the paper mats.
You get what you pay for,minimum wages -expect minimum results at best.
O f course, the front office guy is gloom and doom, you need new tires, battery and "winter treatment.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
now that's funny, I picture the rear end dropping into the changing pit as the "mechanics" forgot the center rail.
Wiper (singular for E), oil changes, air filter replacement require advanced training at the Boys. Beginners place the paper mats.
You get what you pay for,minimum wages -expect minimum results at best.
O f course, the front office guy is gloom and doom, you need new tires, battery and "winter treatment.
You left out the transmission fluid renew and the radiator flush.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Eighteen years ago, a lady friend of mine showed me a bill from a shop that I already mistrusted.
We looked at the numerous parts on the car that were supposedly replaced and (surprise!) they were old and worn.

Then I saw it on the bill...

"Rotate ball joints ---- $112.90"

Last edited:

nickskeys

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm just wondering how much of a weirdo I really am. Is there anybody else out there who thinks the Elgin dash is actually pretty cool?
When you see how damn cool that thing lights up and operates, you will be smitten! The dash to many will appear somewhat Spartan, but the layout is functional and uncluttered. Love it, love it, LOVE IT!

slinches

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would add a temp gauge on the left side that's a mirror image of the fuel gauge. It would add symmetry to the design as well as function. I don't think most of the other gauges would have any diagnostic benefit over an idiot light anyway.

Top Bottom