• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Am I The Only Person Who Likes The Elgin Dash?

Ian442

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I don't want to start a whole design debate. I just thought that if Paul took his beloved dash and simply put a sweep needle on each boob, it would make the gauges have more mass appeal while still maintaining the original design.

Plus, it would make "someone" extra happy that I used "boob" again. ;):D

Someone says thank you :)

I find a temp and rpm gauge more useful than a speedo gauge...then again mine has been broken for so long...

I don't mind the Elgin though

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
EM dumped the Elgin instrument cluster! Yippeeeeee!!

Instead, they opted to go with no-nonsense analog gauges.

As seen on the E1-C

IMG_0101.PNG

Magnafique

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I've seen one dash or two in my 38 yrs of driving a vehicle that I thought was hard to read. Such as when Kilometers per hour were introduced, some dashes showed those number more prominently than the MPH. "Sorry I was driving so SLOWLY officer, I thought I was doing 40 MPH, not KPH."

I think this dash will be just fine. And actually, I don't recall looking at any dash and thinking "oh MAN, now THAT'S a cool looking instrument display!" Always paid more attention to the music-making portion of the dash, then the A/C controls, and then the eyes make their way to the seat material and console and then back to shape of the top of the dash.
Butt ugly and cheap looking..........

2barrel

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only dash I ever got excited about was when I was ten years old and sat in a 63 Corvette for the first time. I thought I was sitting in a fighter plane.
The 63 -67 dash is considered a work of art by some. I just like it.
Glad Elio is going analog from what I can see they look pretty nice. I never was into expensive watches or digital automotive instruments. When they fail it costs more to replace them than they are worth. At least there are people out there still rebuilding analog.
Anyone know what current vehicle is using the same gauges as the Elio and have a better closeup?

Attachments

• $_14(8).JPG
    $_14(8).JPG
    2.2 KB · Views: 163
Top Bottom