• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Fundraising Effort

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Getting the lease on the Shreveport plant has saved Elio ~$400M in startup cost.

From questions being asked:
standard and auto transmissions are easy to do both. Not a cost savings to just offer auto
Elio is currently investigating how to reach a larger market. Only 6.5% of country have heard of Elio.
Programming at Continental taking time.
Last Thursday E1-C was unveiled to supplier base. It will be at LA auto show.
Leather seats with heating/cooling will be offered. Red leather seat on display at SEMA. All seat colors will be available
Blindspot mirrors will be offered
Can vehicle be picked up in Shrevepot? Paul would like that, but he'd have to check with the lawyers to see what will be possible
Elio has not found nor seriously worked on partnering with company for financing
Fixed pricing - Elio wants it quick in and out buying a vehicle. Non commission sales people.
Elio will be global, but he's focused on US until he gets the first car off the line. Then will agressively pursue global markets.
Can't tow with an Elio (at least not from the factory). 6-9 month delay to test for handling a trailer. Maybe after year 1.
Stores: one vehicle inside, accesories on walls, two vehicles outside to test drive (one auto/one standard)
Wouldn't say when the mpg numbers would be known. Still believe 84mpg is still realistic.

Clearly, from pausing between question, Paul was really selecting and not answering a lot of questions that were being asked.

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some points from the "Webinar".

20% profit plus a "toll charge" for accessories = 40% over cost according to Paul.

Paul would like to allow customers to be able to watch the entire process of their vehicle being built live.
He said, "Walk with the vehicle" presumably right there in factory. He did say he'll have to check with the lawyers.
He said he's not sure they'll be able to provide that OR picking the vehicle up at the factory because of liability.
As far as watching the entire process of our individual vehicle being made... Are you kidding?

No tow hitch in year one.
Test drives at stores. 120 stores within 45 min of 80% of US population.
mpg... They're still going on simulations.

Oh, yeah... Seats will be available in all colors that match the external color of the vehicle plus tan and gray.

Last edited:

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Presentation is attached. Paul clearly has given this presentations (slow changes as he gives it) many times. He did a good job.
Hit the page arrow keys in your adobe reader to scroll through the slides at your own pace.
It was great that you captured this NorTracNY. Thanks. I think this file should be put in a sticky thread.

NorTracNY

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad it was available. It's good that it has a date. As mentioned, I've seen very similar slides (many exactly the same) before. So it's good to note the changes. I know people have mentioned the pre-production vehicles would be used for feedback, but if they are scheduled for Q3 and production is Q4, then they aren't going to get much feedback. If they have the funding for to tool up for the 100 preproduction, I don't see how they would go idol before going into production. They really need the vehicles on the road. There would be no better advertising than to get the vehicles seen on the road.

I REALLY hope they deliver the first 65K vehicles with 100 trifold flyers in the door. I can only imagine how many people would approach an owner of one of these in a parking lot to ask questions.

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Most of these slides haven't been updated since 6/27. My real take-away is that EM has to pay a fee of between $100K and $350K to complete the ATVM application. That box is marked in green, so I think it's been done. Also, it IS a loan guarantee, not a direct loan. It's right there on the slide.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Some points from the "Webinar".

20% profit plus a "toll charge" for accessories = 40% over cost according to Paul.

Paul would like to allow customers to be able to watch the entire process of their vehicle being built live.
He said, "Walk with the vehicle" presumably right there in factory. He did say he'll have to check with the lawyers.
He said he's not sure they'll be able to provide that OR picking the vehicle up at the factory because of liability.
As far as watching the entire process of our individual vehicle being made... Are you kidding?

No tow hitch in year one.
Test drives at stores. 120 stores within 45 min of 80% of US population.
mpg... They're still going on simulations.

Oh, yeah... Seats will be available in all colors that match the external color of the vehicle plus tan and gray.
I don't understand the "troll Charge", why should trolls have to pay more. Oh, toll charge, never mind.

Top Bottom