• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Another Milestone Reached

Kuda

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Bingo! I believe we have a winner. I enjoyed touring the submarine that was in Mobile, AL. We were there when Tulsa was playing in GMAC bowl. We enjoyed Mobile except for downpour in second half(we won). I am a big fan of Das Boot and Run Silent Run Deep.

aknaten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where do you live? Sounds like middle Alaska :p
90 miles from Wichita, Ks, 89 miles from Tulsa, Ok, 91 miles from Oklahoma City, Ok and only a 63 hour drive to Denali National Park. In my Elio at 84 miles per gallon, I'll burn burn approximately 45 gallons or $112 @ $2.50 per gallon getting there, and one oil change.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
90 miles from Wichita, Ks, 89 miles from Tulsa, Ok, 91 miles from Oklahoma City, Ok and only a 63 hour drive to Denali National Park. In my Elio at 84 miles per gallon, I'll burn burn approximately 45 gallons or $112 @ $2.50 per gallon getting there, and one oil change.
And 6 stops for fuel.

Wait ..... Ponca City, OK?

Norahsbed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We're going down to Shreveport in the truck. We'll tow one home on a flatbed trailer and drive the other one. Depending on the time of year, Spring or Summer 2017, it's still an easy 2 day drive across Texas even if the weather is bad.

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Yep, that is my thing. I want to believe we can roll unimpeded right off the factory floor, but part of me says, this is still a new vehicle, and I don't want to be stranded somewhere on the way home from Shreveport going, "WTF?" and any help coming along saying the same thing!
Carry the two wheel dolly they will be selling to go under the rear of the vehicle.

In case you have to be towed.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Carry the two wheel dolly they will be selling to go under the rear of the vehicle.

In case you have to be towed.
Whattttt????? Why? If you pick up the Elio by the two front wheels, it will roll just fine (the rear wheel doesn't have any type of drive; it just holds up the back of the vehicle). If you get a tow on a flatbed/tilt bed tow truck, it's just like sitting on the ground. So why in the world would you need a dolly for?

pistonboy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whattttt????? Why? If you pick up the Elio by the two front wheels, it will roll just fine (the rear wheel doesn't have any type of drive; it just holds up the back of the vehicle). If you get a tow on a flatbed/tilt bed tow truck, it's just like sitting on the ground. So why in the world would you need a dolly for?
Sure. Just tell that to the tow truck driver who has never handled a 3 wheel vehicle in his life. We are talking about driving an early vehicle home from the plant that no one has ever seen, including the two truck driver. Make it 4 wheels and he is more likely to move it instead of telling you to find someone else.

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. Just tell that to the tow truck driver who has never handled a 3 wheel vehicle in his life. We are talking about driving an early vehicle home from the plant that no one has ever seen, including the two truck driver. Make it 4 wheels and he is more likely to move it instead of telling you to find someone else.
You've must have run into some bad tow truck operators; I've never had a problem like that. I've had things towed a number of times, and never ran into any problems like that. I've had them ask me how I want it towed when I've called in and asked for help; plus when the operator arrived he would ask if there is anything I want done special, or differently to get it to the destination.

Top Bottom