• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anti-theft Measures?

Navigator

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Elio will likely become a popular target for auto thieves either in part or whole. Therefore, what anti-theft devices would you like to see added to the final production model or made available by after-market suppliers?

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
The only anti theft measure I would pay for would be to prevent them from driving off with it. Ie the club. If they're going to parts it at the curb there's nothing to really be done, but except in certain areas that isn't a realistic possibility anyway.

jtmarten

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A garage with a big, hungry dog as an occupant.
Thieves are gonna thieve, and an unoccupied 1200lb vehicle is going to be easy to grab. You won't see sophisticated anti-theft systems like BMW, Audi or Saab incorporate into their electrical systems on the Elio. An aftermarket alarm system with ignition disconnect will be about as good as it gets. A two-way remote start with alarm would be ideal, maybe one with an iPhone or Android app.

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The only anti theft measure I would pay for would be to prevent them from driving off with it. Ie the club. If they're going to parts it at the curb there's nothing to really be done, but except in certain areas that isn't a realistic possibility anyway.
What is the club? :-) Z

JP

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I honestly don't see it being a target. They are not very valuable, they have tiny engines, a lot will have a manual transmission, and they can't really transport any cargo (drugs, guns, etc). Not to mention they stick out like a sore thumb. If I'm worried about leaving it, I'll take the fuel pump fuse out of the fuse box when I leave.

KN16

Elio Addict
Reaction score
image.jpg

Joshua Caldwell

Staff member
Reaction score
Still, what use are anti theft devices when it is only 1200 pounds and 4 guys can simply pick it up and walk off with it?

I'm envisioning hijinks like used to be done with bugs.

Top Bottom