• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Body Else From Se All In

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Ok, SouthHaven of Hernado. Welcome Geordie97.

Are you all in yet?
I'm on my way to a tint and body wrap place to see what a wrap will cost me. I plan on going all in today. I count this as a timeless and fun vehicle so I'm reaching way back into the Golden age of flight with the idea of wrapping a silver Elio with the attached color scheme. Hope this is not too far out for your taste. LOL

View attachment 2316
Looks like I wont be using the color scheme. My wife wont ride with me if I do. LOL Guess I'll go for the creamcycle.

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Are you all in yet?
I'm on my way to a tint and body wrap place to see what a wrap will cost me. I plan on going all in today. I count this as a timeless and fun vehicle so I'm reaching way back into the Golden age of flight with the idea of wrapping a silver Elio with the attached color scheme. Hope this is not too far out for your taste. LOL

View attachment 2316
Nice picture. Always loved Curtis aircraft. Built a model of that plane back in the early 60's, but can't recall it's name. Love the colors!

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score

Are you all in yet?

View attachment 2316
Okay, I found it: it's a BF2C- Goshawk. NICE! :D

Folks

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Okay, I found it: it's a BF2C- Goshawk. NICE! :D

Close but it's a Grumman F3F Navy carrier fighter. Fore runner of the WildCat. Robert Taylor starred in "Flight Commander" in 1940 flying the last of the biplane Navy. The reason the Navy was slow to adopt a monoplanes is that Naval Air operations required strong tough aircraft for those rough carrier deck landings plus the strain of the catapult take offs. However Grumman was just the Company to build the first monoplane tough enough for carrier duty with the F4F wildcat. Naval Aeronautics just prior to WWII was the golden coming of age of Flight in my opinion. We had the finest Navy in the World at that time and little did we know our bliss was to be crushed by the Jap Zero. Every pilot that climbed into a Buffalo or Wildcat during the Battle of Midway knew full well they had no chance against the Zero. It was sheer suicide.

Top Bottom