• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Formula One Fans On Here?

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few years back I actually had the pleasure of being based out of Modena, Italy for six months. For any F1 fan, whether you are a Ferrari fan or not, the Ferrari museum really is amazing and the trophy room really is awesome to behold. I was also able to plan my stay in Europe to coincide with the F1 season so I was able to make it to most of the active tracks in Europe. I don't think I actually made any money those six months as I spent it all traveling every weekend however I will never forget the entire experience including those amazing F1 races.
Funny thing is that I kind off have to thank my ex-wife for that experience as after a rather bitter divorce I took the job to get as far away from her as I could. :D
I started out as a Nigel Mansell fan when he was driving the black & gold Player Lotus. I spent three different assignments in Europe totaling 8 years and went to as many races as my money and leave time allowed. Came back to the states to see Mansell win the IndyCar championship the year after he won the F1 title.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I started out as a Nigel Mansell fan when he was driving the black & gold Player Lotus. I spent three different assignments in Europe totaling 8 years and went to as many races as my money and leave time allowed. Came back to the states to see Mansell win the IndyCar championship the year after he won the F1 title.

Funny you would mention that as I remember going with my dad to Nazareth, Pennsylvania in 1993 to watch the IndyCar race with Nigel Mansell. I was 14 at the time and it was amazing for me to get to see the reigning F1 champion racing here in the states and to make it even more amazing he also won that race. This was likely one of the events that really made me a life long fan of F1 and open wheel racing.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A few years back I actually had the pleasure of being based out of Modena, Italy for six months. For any F1 fan, whether you are a Ferrari fan or not, the Ferrari museum really is amazing and the trophy room really is awesome to behold. I was also able to plan my stay in Europe to coincide with the F1 season so I was able to make it to most of the active tracks in Europe. I don't think I actually made any money those six months as I spent it all traveling every weekend however I will never forget the entire experience including those amazing F1 races.
Funny thing is that I kind off have to thank my ex-wife for that experience as after a rather bitter divorce I took the job to get as far away from her as I could. :D
Another race this weekend and also broadcast at a great time

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully, Redbull will get its act together and Vettel will drive another great race

For their sake I hope so. Even Force India has more points than Red Bull right now. But this is only the third race of a long season and Red Bull has a lot of money and some talented drivers. Vettel did a good job last week. Even if the car is not great he does have the skills to make it perform just like Fernando Alonso has been doing with Ferrari for several years now.

The Mercedes team is definitely the team to beat right now as they appear to have their car and engine about as well sorted as can be expected for an all new setup. My McLaren guys are off to a much better start than anything they did last year and they have the nice Mercedes engine but I don't think their chassis is quite up to par at this point.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Vettel struggled with the car in qualifying. He said the downshifts were too harsh and they seemed it from the onboard. Odd Daniels car seems to not show any of the problems that Vettel's does

Mercedes looks to be the favorite 1 & 2 starting the 3 GP so far.

My predictions. Lets see how wrong or right I am
HAM
ROS
RIC
RAI
ALO
VET
BUT
MAG
MAS
BOT

The one spoiler might be Sergio Perez he was rather quick and qualified 5th

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You were pretty close about Perez being a spoiler. Force India is looking pretty good this season. Good race but I would have thought that Rosberg would have fought harder to overtake Hamilton following the Safety Car generated restart. Pretty poor showing for the big three, especially Ferrari.

BlioKart

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You were pretty close about Perez being a spoiler. Force India is looking pretty good this season. Good race but I would have thought that Rosberg would have fought harder to overtake Hamilton following the Safety Car generated restart. Pretty poor showing for the big three, especially Ferrari.

Yea he did do well but I didn't expect him to win the race. After the restart it was obvious the Mercs were walking away from the field. I got 3 correct positions though. If things stay at this way it will be a battle between the Mercs to see who will win the championship. Mclaren did very badly I think they are being handed turds by Mercedes. Hopefully Honda is watching all this and learning as much as they can. Mclaren needs Honda power badly. Ferrari needs more speed as does Red Bull.

The race was good a decent amount of battling for position by the teams in the beginning. Too bad Sauber got punted by Crashinado.

article-0-1CE2B9E100000578-980_634x415.jpg

Top Bottom