• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any One Else See This......?

Sethodine

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Whereas Washington state doesn't have an Autocycle classification, but instead has modified their Trike classification. Essentially, all the Trike (aka three wheeled motorcycle) rules apply, but with exceptions. In Washington, you need both a motorcycle endorsement AND a Trike certification before you can legally drive a trike on the road. But if it meets the below exception, you only need a regular driver's license and don't need a helmet.

The operator of motorcycles defined under RCW 46.04.330 (2) as having a seat in a partially or completely enclosed seating area that is equipped with safety belts and designed to be steered with a steering wheel, must have a valid drivers license to operate the vehicle (RCW 46.20.500)

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Whereas Washington state doesn't have an Autocycle classification, but instead has modified their Trike classification. Essentially, all the Trike (aka three wheeled motorcycle) rules apply, but with exceptions. In Washington, you need both a motorcycle endorsement AND a Trike certification before you can legally drive a trike on the road. But if it meets the below exception, you only need a regular driver's license and don't need a helmet.
I talked to Evergreen Safety Console about that and they told me they did that addendum until the federal bill passes. Once it passes that the term "AutoCar" is federally accepted they will change that addendum to read "AutoCar". WA State is so anal about terminology in their laws that they had to find ways to fit it in so it was within the rules they created in previous sessions. Leave it to the lawyers to find ways to make it difficult for the "regular" people to understand. :doh:

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
THE ONLY TRULY EXCITING "PROJECT" IS THE ONE THAT YOU ARE BUILDING YOURSELF .

I AM NEARLY 6 YEARS INTO THIS ONE .
I KNOW , I KNOW . IT DOESN'T COUNT IF IT HAS 4 WHEELS
BUT IT DOES HAVE TANDEM SEATING

DSC_1624.JPG

DSC_0494.JPG

DSC_0511.JPG

DSC_1037.JPG

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
WOW! That is a slick machine!

THANKS ! THIS HAS BEEN A LOT OF WORK AND I HAVE BOUGHT PARTS FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD .

IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A MESSERSCHMITT TG-500 BUT WITH REAL ONES COSTING $100,000 & UP
I KNEW I WOULD NEVER SEE ONE OF THOSE IN MY GARAGE .

SO I BUILT MY OWN VERSION . IT IS BASED ON A KR-200 CHASSIS THAT IS TITLED AS A 1959 .
IT IS ESSENTIALLY A MICRO HOT ROD WITH A 36 HORSE HONDA 600 COUPE ENGINE .

AT 700 POUNDS , IT'LL FLY ! THE HONDA CAR WEIGHED 1300 POUNDS SO THIS IS A LOT OF MOTOR
FOR SUCH A SMALL VEHICLE .

THE FRONT BRAKES USE MG MIDGET DISCS AND WILWOOD 4 POT CALIPERS .
THE REAR BRAKES COME FROM A BMW ISETTA 600 .
THE MASTER CYL IS A DUAL CIRCUIT FROM A MIDGET .

DSC_1503.JPG

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice David. You said it's been in the works for 6 years; have you been photo documenting it the whole time?
If you have been, it could be a really cool photo album you could put together on a photo sharing site, and post links to it for us.
Would be easier than trying to do it all on here.
I for one would like to see the Before / During / After shots of it

Muzhik

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love it!

1. Do the police ever hassle you when you're cruisin' down the road; and
2. I assume you have to wear helmets while operating.

DAVID BROWER

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Love the dash! :D

THANKS ! REAL TIGERS DO NOT HAVE THE FUEL OR TEMP GAUGES .
THE ONES I AM USING ARE VINTAGE VDO & TOOK QUITE AWHILE TO FIND .
LORD ELGIN GAUGES WOULD RUIN THIS CAR .

DSC_1600.JPG

YOU COULD NOT POSSIBLY FIT BIGGER BRAKES INSIDE A 10" WHEEL .
THE DISCS ARE FROM AN MG MIDGET TURNED DOWN 1/2" SMALLER DIAMETER
AND THE CALIPERS ARE WILWOOD 4 POT UNITS .

DSC_0952.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_1599.JPG
    DSC_1599.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
Top Bottom