• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Any Schematics Released?

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see any lack of info as a hit but I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my safety and money. So no matter what, I'm waiting at least a year and will be watching VERY closely to see how these perform before buying one. Nothing against Elio, that's just how I roll with pricier things. I do the same with guns and electronics/optics as well.

-Emt1581
Well, you're right. You will be waiting a year since that's about how far out they are from production. Now, if you don't reserve one, you will be waiting most likely another year as the first year production will go to the people that reserved one. It's your money, but a $100.00 refundable deposit would be advisable if you want a chance at getting one. Since those in at that level get thier Elios last, you would have most of a year to hear the good and bad about the Elio before pulling the trigger on one. If you don't like what you hear, get your deposit back. Heck, your child might be in middle school before you get yours if you dont!;)

emt1581

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, you're right. You will be waiting a year since that's about how far out they are from production. Now, if you don't reserve one, you will be waiting most likely another year as the first year production will go to the people that reserved one. It's your money, but a $100.00 refundable deposit would be advisable if you want a chance at getting one. Since those in at that level get thier Elios last, you would have most of a year to hear the good and bad about the Elio before pulling the trigger on one. If you don't like what you hear, get your deposit back. Heck, your child might be in middle school before you get yours if you dont!;)

Hmm...you certainly raise a valid point about the probable time frames. And while cash is REALLY tight right now, $100 wouldn't break the bank. My only concern would be if I got the call a few months after they were released on the market...that it was my turn to buy one.

Honestly, with the production capability they would seem to have at that factory, I have a hard time believing it would be several years until I would have a chance to buy one without a deposit. Unless they are putting these together by hand or a massive solar flare takes out the power grid, I would think a year would be the maximum wait time. Of course I'm assuming a lot about the factory and only going on the demand estimates I've seen so far.

Thanks

-Emt1581

emt1581

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the pic. I said it elsewhere but it really seems like any hitch will have to be attached to that rear-most bar and then a beam would drop down to the actual ball.

Thanks

-Emt1581

DWR

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Awesome! Thanks for posting that!!

Umm...I think I first saw it Friday. Initially my response was..."Hmm...looks like a toy". Then I thought about it and for what it is supposed to offer in better gas mileage than my motorcycle and a low price tag...it got my attention and has had it ever since.

Usually with something like this, I bite and don't let go until I own one or until I encounter a deal breaker ($10K+ price tag, expensive parts/repairs, safety issues, etc.).

Sort of seems like there wouldn't be any part of the frame to grab on to for a hitch unless you slid it inbetween the rear wheel cover and body and dropped down a thick piece of beam.

Again, thanks for the image!!

-Emt1581

This picture will be more helpful if you want a hitch.

swingarm.jpg

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I see any lack of info as a hit but I'm pretty conservative when it comes to my safety and money. So no matter what, I'm waiting at least a year and will be watching VERY closely to see how these perform before buying one. Nothing against Elio, that's just how I roll with pricier things. I do the same with guns and electronics/optics as well.

-Emt1581
Can't believe any thing major that may pop up, not being covered by the 3 year warranty or a recall. JMO

emt1581

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't believe any thing major that may pop up, not being covered by the 3 year warranty or a recall. JMO

I'm picturing things reminiscent of the Pinto and Corvair....rather than issues a warranty/recall would easily cover. But even so. Do I want to be inconvenienced by a massive recall, even if the repairs are free, and possibly be without my Elio for a week because not enough testing was done prior to release?

Again, just my stance on the issue.

-Emt1581

olddog1946

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would think that if you can wait a year or more for one, you could manage a week on a recall or service..besides It will take that long to pry it out of your significant other's hands and you'll end up buying second one just to have the chance to drive one..........
Just kiddin.....however put down the money.. I believe you'll be happy you did. I also believe that once this thing is out on the highway for a year, you won't be able to buy one at twice the price.

Craig

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm picturing things reminiscent of the Pinto and Corvair....rather than issues a warranty/recall would easily cover. But even so. Do I want to be inconvenienced by a massive recall, even if the repairs are free, and possibly be without my Elio for a week because not enough testing was done prior to release?

Again, just my stance on the issue.

-Emt1581
Not wanting to sound like an a-s but do you ever leave your house?
Judging by your posts, it sounds like life in general would be an inconvenience or are you just making conversation? JMO

Top Bottom