• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

mumblemouth

Elio Fan
Reaction score
I put down 2000 dollars .have 2 reservations. was extremely excited for this vehicle. And initially when there was talk on facebook or at live displays they were so confident it was going to be built this summer. Then the delays happened. Im ok with that. But then i started noticing on facebook this last week or 2. People asking questions and elio made about 6 comments that i recall where they state there is a possibility the car wont happen. How do they go from its definately coming this summer to just a small delay to its possible it wont happen??

zelio

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I put down 2000 dollars .have 2 reservations. was extremely excited for this vehicle. And initially when there was talk on facebook or at live displays they were so confident it was going to be built this summer. Then the delays happened. Im ok with that. But then i started noticing on facebook this last week or 2. People asking questions and elio made about 6 comments that i recall where they state there is a possibility the car wont happen. How do they go from its definately coming this summer to just a small delay to its possible it wont happen??
That sounds suspiciously like some of the trolls we have gotten on this forum. I have certainly not seen anything that indicates Elio will not happen. After all, people on line can claim they are from Elio and we have no way of proving they are not. Why would they be continuing the work on the engine/drive train and having all the events if it isn't going to happen. That is a very expensive proposition and simply does not make sense. Keep the faith. I know I have. :-) Z

msmith5150

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Nope.

nope2_zps6dd8da14.gif

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm not so 'worried' about the DELAYS blamed on the lawyers and the Plant; as I am about Elio Motor's announced TIMELINE to get to a 'Production Ready' vehicle. They can't hire workers or re-tool the plant until their design is FINALIZED. They have stated that they will have to BUILD and TEST "18 to 26 "E" Series vehicles (in Michigan) to accomplish this. They still do not have a finished, assembled, and 'tested' engine (and transmissions) to place in these vehicles. Also Technosports Creative, has said that the FIRST of these vehicles will not BEGIN construction until Aug/Sep. Not much time to make and evaluate all these vehicles (and do any 'modifications', if needed) by next year's announced 'Start of Production' in 3rd Qtr 2015! Unfortunately, I expect at least ANOTHER 'Major Delay', but 'hope' they will eventually be built !

Elio Amazed

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The universal language is mathmatics. That's why I love doing the math.
According to the EM site, they are now averaging almost 1000 new deposits EACH WEEK.
As of 06-29-14, they report having 23,000+ deposits.
We have 60 weeks till Sept. 2015 (the current projected manufacturing launch).

IF the average number of new deposits per week stays the same...
(I believe that number will only increase as future progress on the Elio is made public)
...it means that EM will have around 83,000 deposits by Sept. 2015.

I personally think that that weekly number will skyrocket not too far in the future.
The people who are signing up for this vehicle are not stupid.
Maybe a bit special, farsighted and imaginative, but definitely not stupid.
I can imagine that almost every one of them did online research before they pulled the trigger.
If this many people are now popping with all the debate and naysaying that's currently easily found on the web...
Well, I'm sure you see my point.

I'm not saying that all of the current depos are "All in"s @ $1000, but I'm thinking a substantial number are.
I'm also thinking that the closer the production date gets, the more folks will upgrade thier depo.
Barring a EM legal, financial or PR catastrophe, I think we might see 100,000+ $1000 depos by Sept. '15
I've seen numerous mentions of EM needing an additional 145 M to start actually pumping
the finished product out the exit ramp of the future factory.
What's 100,000 X $1000? Could that be 100 M of the 145 M?
Even if EM only breaks even on the first year's production in order to make it happen,
they should end up with a very sweet second year all around.

If those depo numbers stay @ approximately 1000/wk or more, I wouldn't worry much.
Thoughts?

Last edited:

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There are some very worried people/companies out there that see the Elio as a real threat.
They will stop at nothing to muck up the works.:eek:
I should get my #XXXX by my birthday next week.:D
Delivery should be late 2015 or early 2016.:)
That should make your birthday even more meaningful and exciting.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
While RogWild and ElioAmazed want the Elio to become a reality their perspectives, responses and confidences are certainly different. One is a Pessimist and the other is an Optimist. One focuses on the negative and other focus on the positive. Both are valid. I follow the Alfred E Newman theory "What, me worry?" and sleep better at night because of it.

Reaction score

Naw, I've been there and been keeping an eye or two on it all along. The answers were to 'bitching' about the contract where it says Elio is under no obligation to provide the vehicle. Folks don't understand that if the SHTF none of us is obligated to do anything be on our capabilities. Just having it spelled out for them like that either scares them or gives them something to bitch about. Oh, and one troll mentioned the BBB and when is Elio planning on working on their rating compliance. It was a threat, simple and plain. Aw, how about when Elio has a pro - duck and some customers ???? I am more worried abut the SHTF then not getting my Elio.

Top Bottom