• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow , the worm has turned . It's getting nasty over on the Elio FaceBook page . Just short of Rage . Over here , we've stopped talking about colors and options and seem to be fixated on delays . Seriously , did anyone really think that they would be actually building vehicles this year?
Give it time , it will happen . Only children stomp their feet and shout "Are we there yet " from the back seat.
When I saw Jerome Saturday, he did seem like he was expecting a left shoe to drop. But he also seems to have his sights on a longer distance.
Obviously, they hope that the repercussions will die down a bit for when the Engine is up and running.

Anyway, all this naysay seems targeted, trying to generating some negative hype. At this point it's a bit odd to see.

But I suppose there is the perception that draining out the new reservations would hurt the program. I doubt it will at this point, EM is methodically pacing their time, doing one step at a time and they will continue. Even with out new reservations.

Because they pace themselves, they will continue.

If the loan comes into play, then things will go back to parallel. End of story.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
There is an interesting thing that was applied to the Elio forums that would be nice here. Maybe more extreme than we want, but still interesting.
It appears there is a way to confirm people actually have a reservation. Then we could limit members to only true Elio owners.
Sounds Extreme but that would rip out the true trolls with agendas.
The others who are pro and con are just fine with me, giving true questions and 'wait a sec' moments.
We just don't have a use for the 'Troll Agendas'

JEBar

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There is an interesting thing that was applied to the Elio forums that would be nice here. Maybe more extreme than we want, but still interesting.
It appears there is a way to confirm people actually have a reservation. Then we could limit members to only true Elio owners.
The others who are pro and con are just fine with me, giving true questions and 'wait a sec' moments.

I don't think much of that option but then that's not up to me to decide .... such a limit would prevent interested folks from gaining information which may help in their decision making process .... in addition, determining who has a valid reservation could be rather time intensive .... the moderators here do a good job of keeping things in check .... report suspected trolls to them and let them do what they think is best .... I haven't used it but the forum's ignore option is a good feature .... one last thought, some very harsh critics have a reservation

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Go
I don't think much of that option but then that's not up to me to decide .... such a limit would prevent interested folks from gaining information which may help in their decision making process .... in addition, determining who has a valid reservation could be rather time intensive .... the moderators here do a good job of keeping things in check .... report suspected trolls to them and let them do what they think is best .... I haven't used it but the forum's ignore option is a good feature .... one last thought, some very harsh critics have a reservation
Good point.

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I have been a member of the Elio Motors Owners Association group on Facebook for about as long as I have been a member here. That group is stands out as it is the only one I know of which is only open to those who have reservations as well as a few others who were invited. The behavior on that page is much worse than anything we get on here. I see two big reasons for this, one is a very small group of reservation holders that have become disgruntled to the point that all they want to do is make a nuisance of themselves and disrupt the group instead of actually discussing various issues. The second reason is too many people who actually believe they are entitled to know every detail just because they have made a $1000 or $100 reservation. Over the last few months it got so bad that pretty much all the Elio employees who were on there, and would participate at times, have now left the group. :(

I wold not want to have to deal with approving people anyhow but from what I have seen closing the group would not make things any better, in term of people causing trouble, while also eliminating the interesting questions and viewpoints of people who, for various reasons, do not have reservations. :cool:

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A six month extension instead of what? Fines that will never be paid? Making an alternative deal with one of the OTHER companies clamoring to put a big job creator there? Their willingness to delay might well be a sign of having little to loose by waiting and nothing to gain by shutting it down, rather than a ringing endorsement of faith in Paul's project.

Are those questions or statements of fact?

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
not at all a plan.
first, many of those who "speak ill" are all inners.
And, like any belief, you should not be dissuaded from your "truths"
Since we are in a virtual world, no harm can come from others unless you need them to., You know, sort of like a cult, or organized religion, If you are a true believer in EM, than there isn't anything, anyone could say to change you.
Also, consider your treatment of trolls is in so many ways expressing the distain of the non-believers- you know like Christians were.
You always have options- block the infidels, leave this pagan forum, or just love them as God would want.
and why do it anyway, they're such fun!!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those negative personalities are obvious in their posts as they criticize every single Elio Motors achievement and really heyday when Elio Motors doesn't meet an expected or anticipated goal. Their primary goal is to cause doubt and create negative debate among the members. What seems odd is those negative posters are labeled Elio Fans, Elio Afficiandos, and ultimately Elio Addicts apparently based on a specific number of posts, negative posts. Aren't they Anti-Elio Fans, Anti- Elio Afficianados, and Anti-Elio Addicts?

They do have entertainment value and keep the true fans united.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Those negative personalities are obvious in their posts as they criticize every single Elio Motors achievement and really heyday when Elio Motors doesn't meet an expected or anticipated goal. Their primary goal is to cause doubt and create negative debate among the members. What seems odd is those negative posters are labeled Elio Fans, Elio Afficiandos, and ultimately Elio Addicts apparently based on a specific number of posts, negative posts. Aren't they Anti-Elio Fans, Anti- Elio Afficianados, and Anti-Elio Addicts?
so what does any of that matter what they call themselves- WE know the Truth!!!

tonyspumoni

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I am a reservation holder. I wouldn't participate here any longer if non-holders were kept from speaking. Any optimist can be accused of irrational exhuberence just as any pessimist can be accused of irrational skepticism - each sees what suits them best. In so speaking together, the truth regresses to the mean.

Top Bottom