• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Else Think It Wont Happen?

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get your 'panties in a bunch'; I also remember an Elio Motors FaceBook response to a poster's question about what 'would' happen to reservation money 'IF' the Elio was never produced. Just a 'hypothetical' response, that could be easily 'twisted' by the Nay-sayers. Still "TOO MUCH" to accomplish to be certain Production WILL happen; my main concern is WHEN WILL it happen! BUILDING and thoroughly TESTING "18 to 26 vehicles" and getting the Plant up and running, in just over a year (not to mention the FINANCING of 60 Elio Stores and 7 Distribution Centers)..... will be a monumental FEAT!

outsydthebox

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Don't get your 'panties in a bunch'; I also remember an Elio Motors FaceBook response to a poster's question about what 'would' happen to reservation money 'IF' the Elio was never produced. Just a 'hypothetical' response, that could be easily 'twisted' by the Nay-sayers. Still "TOO MUCH" to accomplish to be certain Production WILL happen; my main concern is WHEN WILL it happen! BUILDING and thoroughly TESTING "18 to 26 vehicles" and getting the Plant up and running, in just over a year (not to mention the FINANCING of 60 Elio Stores and 7 Distribution Centers)..... will be a monumental FEAT!

Well said :)
There also seems to be a lot of concern about EM not having investors. EM has said that is NOT a concern. IIRC they had $55m, and they had a commitment to purchase $70M of extra equipment from the factory. That puts them at $125m...roughly "half way" or more, of the $200-$250m needed. We can be sure that they are also being careful about the "type" of investors allowed. Investors who DON'T share the same "vision" could quickly derail them. If you think about the B.O.D....these men have "collectively" made hundreds of millions in their previous careers. It seems quite possible (to me) that they are sitting on ALL of the money needed to make this happen. "TIME" seems to be the critical factor, now. As you said,...a monumental FEAT!

Danno

Elio Aficionado
Reaction score
I like optimistic speak!
Because about 19 or so working days after they start production. Given they knock out 250 vehicles a day. I get mine.:D
MK
Paul made the statement on an interview that there will be one shift to start producing 500 vehicles a day for 9 days...then they will start two shifts for a max of 1000 vehicles a day!

RogWild

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has made very 'optimistic' claims to the press; his 'Tour Crew' seem to be a bit more 'realistic'. The 'Crew' told me that they would 'slowly' ramp up to 250 per shift..... and then begin to train a 2nd shift..... ONLY if they could insure that they would have sufficient DEMAND to sustain it. Also Paul Elio said; "
“Founder Paul Elio told Red River Radio that 25 prototypes are under construction in Detroit as the company enters into the product testing phase. “http://redriverradio.org/post/elio-m...e-says-founder
  • (8:21am,Fri September 6, 2013)"

• Only ONE prototype, the P4 has been produced since then..... the 'next' is not even scheduled to BEGIN construction until Aug/Sep 2014; according to Technosports Creative.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Paul Elio has made very 'optimistic' claims to the press; his 'Tour Crew' seem to be a bit more 'realistic'. The 'Crew' told me that they would 'slowly' ramp up to 250 per shift..... and then begin to train a 2nd shift..... ONLY if they could insure that they would have sufficient DEMAND to sustain it. Also Paul Elio said; "
“Founder Paul Elio told Red River Radio that 25 prototypes are under construction in Detroit as the company enters into the product testing phase. “http://redriverradio.org/post/elio-m...e-says-founder
  • (8:21am,Fri September 6, 2013)"

• Only ONE prototype, the P4 has been produced since then..... the 'next' is not even scheduled to BEGIN construction until Aug/Sep 2014; according to Technosports Creative.
If Paul Elio actually said they are under construction he obviously misspoke and it's somewhat puzzling. If he said we plan to have 25 prototype under construction by.........that would be less puzzling, but irregardless we should see construction beginning in a couple months........may as well be optimistic it's on Technosports Creative's production schedule. No reason to believe it won't happen. The production Elio specs seem close to finalized or should be by Aug/Sept.

Greg Ellis

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am like many, many others. I am ALL IN at $100. This reserves me a spot at "first year" production (just don't have an "assigned" number) and allows me time to watch and see what will happen. (I wrote to EM and they told me EVERY All In will be produced in year #1) I will know if & when Elio is going to start production. At that time, I bump to $1000 just to get the extra $500 off. I am cautiously optimistic.

I have lost WAY more in stocks and had no fun at all. This wild ride we are all on is a BLAST!

Top Bottom