• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Anyone Know How Big Of Tire We Can Stuff Under The Back?

John Painter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I won't argue that it doesn't work; I know it will.
Before "Slime" I've used "Fix-a-flat" and "Airman/ResQ Max" and different brands of liquid sealant for tubes that stays liquid until it has a puncture and will automatically fix the hole before you lose too much air (the must have item for antique motorcycles that are ridden).
Most tire guys want to beat you down once they open a tire to fix the problem since no emergency fix a flat product last forever.
It just make a royal mess of the inside of the tire.

Oh and FYI; Slime only has a 4 year shelf-life so remember to date anyone you buy, and remember to replace it once you find it again and it's 3 years past the due date :D
With the number of miles Indrive Slime will last longer than my tires. :cool:

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Spare tires on new vehicles are on the way OUT. Check out some of the newest vehicles and you will find a small bottle of sealer and a small compressor.
"Run flats" are slowly getting a footing, but they are expensive and limited to the high dollar vehicles..

Coss

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll stick with the spare I carry; it's a phone number on the back on my insurance card for "Road Emergency Assistance"
I call the number, give them my policy number, :help: and shortly after, a truck shows up and fixes my problems; even if it means flat towing it to the closest repair shop of "My Choosing" (I like that part). :high5:

Jake

Elio Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will carry one of these Standard Tire Plugger Kits , like I have on ALL my bikes :D

1075__95812.1410670528.1280.1280.jpg
[/QUOTUE]

W. WIllie

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Got the latest E mail from ELIO about parts used and a two pictures of the P5 .................UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
Of note-worthy. Looks like it will have a DISC Brake on the rear.

I'm sure COSS or someone will give a link.

WIllie

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'll stick with the spare I carry; it's a phone number on the back on my insurance card for "Road Emergency Assistance"
I call the number, give them my policy number, :help: and shortly after, a truck shows up and fixes my problems; even if it means flat towing it to the closest repair shop of "My Choosing" (I like that part). :high5:
And in Alaska, wait 3 weeks for a truck to drive up from Anchorage. In British Columbia I had an electrical fault when my Subaru was about 8 months old. They towed it 120 miles from Jasper to Edmonton, only Subaru dealer within 200 miles, and they found it was a suddenly-failed battery (car had 28,000 miles on it). Bill for tow: $1,200 Canadian, luckily paid for by the roadside assistance program that came as part of my warranty.

Service guy came in on a Saturday afternoon to deal with it, and off I went. They were about the nicest people in the world. But -- here's the point -- you do not want to have something exotic -- which the Elio will be for some years -- in places where help is not at hand. Or, if you do, expect to spend time meeting new friends and learning about the particular wee burg you happen to be in. Not all bad, but if you're in a rush, not so good.CF012250 Subaru icefields pkwy.JPG

Last edited:
Top Bottom