• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aol Translogic Interview With Elio

Ekh

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This interview had one terrific feature: a camera showing the interviewer driving the P4 and really liking it. He was having fun!

The only real negative was a disconnect regarding the number of reservations; makes me think some of this interview contained inserts from an earlier Paul Elio interview. The Translogic 154 interview was posted 7/14, but it Elio refers to "15,000" reservations, not the nearly 25,000 that are now logged.

Pity about that; the higher number is much more helpful to the cause!

Here's the interview link:

http://on.aol.com/video/translogic-154--elio-motors-518316285

Moderator comment: Merged into existing thread on this topic

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Norton, KS; halfway between Kansas City and Denver
Wha? You got the black one? I registered maybe a few weeks before you and got the smiley green one.

T-shirt envy. It is sweeping the Elio nation! LOL I saw several posts on FB where folks said something like "I reserved my vehicle xx months ago, and I got a previous shirt. Can I buy one of these cool new ones?" Unfortunately the answer is that the current shirt only goes to current reservationists. They may have the shirts for sale at some point in the future, but not now.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This interview had one terrific feature: a camera showing the interviewer driving the P4 and really liking it. He was having fun!

The only real negative was a disconnect regarding the number of reservations; makes me think some of this interview contained inserts from an earlier Paul Elio interview. The Translogic 154 interview was posted 7/14, but it Elio refers to "15,000" reservations, not the nearly 25,000 that are now logged.

Pity about that; the higher number is much more helpful to the cause!

Here's the interview link:

Moderator comment: Merged into existing thread on this topic

Ekh, for whatever reason, Translogic didn't release this video for several months. Could have been editing time, could have been internal issues at Translogic. But it's correct, it was shot like back in April in CA, I believe Paul says 13,000 in the video. But it's true, this video was just released.

Jeff Porter

Elio Addict
Reaction score
On the Facebook post for this video interview, just now saw this:

"Matthew Wood Hey guys, I actually direct/produce TRANSLOGIC. This episode was actually shot at the end of March and edited shortly after that. We don't normally take this long to post new episodes, but TRANSLOGIC was on standby for awhile before it made the transition from AOL Autos to Autoblog. And there were a few episodes ahead of it. But I'm glad you all enjoyed it. We post new episodes every other Monday. Check 'em out."

There's the "for whatever reason" I mentioned above. lol

Music Man

Elio Addict
Reaction score
One of the better interviews and videos so far, in my opinion:

Interesting, during the video, Pauls says something like "... we get all the vendors and suppliers together every 4 to 6 weeks, and we engineer the car as a group, so we optimize on vehicle costs instead of part costs".

Very smart! What's everyone's opinion of this interview and the information shared?

Thanks for the "link," Jeff! Enjoyed it very much. I think it is absolutely the BEST video and interview out there to date, bar none! I agree with zelio on the date it was shot. I put my 1k in at the end of February , early March, I and at that time there were only 9000 reservations. So yes, end of March would be about right.

Agree with all the other posts concerning the video, but would add that I think it will be much better, for the car, the company, and for us, when they can actually do a video like that with an Elio that has ALL of it's "bells & whistles" working as they should, so people watching will have NO doubts as too where this is all going. The guy did a very good review, I thought, but he had to "cover" for too many smaller details that are either missing for the Elio, or not functioning well.

Did I say all of the right? Hmmmm. . . . . . . . . :rolleyes:

Jeff Miller

Elio Addict
Reaction score
T-shirt envy. It is sweeping the Elio nation! LOL I saw several posts on FB where folks said something like "I reserved my vehicle xx months ago, and I got a previous shirt. Can I buy one of these cool new ones?" Unfortunately the answer is that the current shirt only goes to current reservationists. They may have the shirts for sale at some point in the future, but not now.

I asked elio if there were any genuine shirts left that would be made available for sale and got back this response:

"We are considering offering the Genuine shirts- please stay tuned for more info!"

Dooltd

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Good job! Producer-Director Mattew Wood, Host Jonathan Buckley, and AOL are definitely to be complimented on this piece. It's the best report I've seen yet on our Elio. Buckley is a real car guy and it shows, his commentary gave me a genuine sense of how the vehicle drove.

It looks like Paul is loosening up a little and letting the media drive the P4 on actual streets and not just around a parking lot. It was great... I had to watch it twice.

Can't wait for my silver number 1471 ! :cool:

Top Bottom