• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apple Icar?

Hotscoots

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Two things for sure . An Apple car will not run unless you sync with iTunes and if we use any of their other products as a benchmark ,
their car will cost north of $47,000 plus protective case .

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
moma.jpeg

goofyone

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree, I just have no idea what Apple was thinking with this watch interface. There is too much going on and too much interaction needed for a device with such a tiny screen. I predict people will find out very quickly that interacting with the watch is not really something they want to do very much so the watch will be used mainly to tell the time and receive notifications. Those are of course reasonable uses however there are less expensive smart watch options available which can also do those things such as the Pebble which also has much longer battery life.

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I agree, I just have no idea what Apple was thinking with this watch interface. There is too much going on and too much interaction needed for a device with such a tiny screen. I predict people will find out very quickly that interacting with the watch is not really something they want to do very much so the watch will be used mainly to tell the time and receive notifications. Those are of course reasonable uses however there are less expensive smart watch options available which can also do those things such as the Pebble which also has much longer battery life.
Although, if it's voice activated, what is on the default screen is really of no consequence, since you won't really be trying to touch any of those buttos, just talk to it.
Far be it from me to defend an apple product, but I don't see this as being that much of a problem if it's voice commands work well.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course we have no idea what apple was thinking with this watch, but they have plenty of ideas for us. As they have led the innovations in many hardware (do credit for other techs that initially developed the concepts) But Apple has the ability to merge the technology to the point we can't imagine life without iPods. iPads, iMacs, with smooth, intuitive devices . True, they've had some flops, but I think they'll create the need - "gotta have it"- To me it looks like a very pretty "FitBit"- and another observation,
the Gold watch will sell like crazy!!

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Of course we have no idea what apple was thinking with this watch, but they have plenty of ideas for us. As they have led the innovations in many hardware (do credit for other techs that initially developed the concepts) But Apple has the ability to merge the technology to the point we can't imagine life without iPods. iPads, iMacs, with smooth, intuitive devices . True, they've had some flops, but I think they'll create the need - "gotta have it"- To me it looks like a very pretty "FitBit"- and another observation,
the Gold watch will sell like crazy!!
we can't imagine life without iPods. iPads, iMacs, with smooth, intuitive devices
I own none of those things and get along quite nicely. I'm anti-Apple in everything.

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM was able to determine their market/selling strategy they never met up with the likes of us !!!
After all is said we have here so many, small diverse sub-sets of Elio Owners it seems, aside from the E itself, we do not have much- in common.!!!
I love it!!!
BTW, I prefer that the toilet paper unroll from the bottom, not over the top!! lol
1. We'll get aerodynamic engineers who will offer the drag coefficient of the paper
2. Mechanics who will share that clockwise rotation is desirable i.e. from the bottom
3. Ergonomic engineers who think the toilet paper is to narrow/wide/thick
4. Designers who think they should come in the E 7 basic colors + yellow
and of course
4. Environmentalists who think we shouldn't use any at all

Reactions: DWR
Top Bottom