• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Apple Icar?

CompTrex

Elio Addict
Reaction score
If EM was able to determine their market/selling strategy they never met up with the likes of us !!!
After all is said we have here so many, small diverse sub-sets of Elio Owners it seems, aside from the E itself, we do not have much- in common.!!!
I love it!!!
BTW, I prefer that the toilet paper unroll from the bottom, not over the top!! lol
1. We'll get aerodynamic engineers who will offer the drag coefficient of the paper
2. Mechanics who will share that clockwise rotation is desirable i.e. from the bottom
3. Ergonomic engineers who think the toilet paper is to narrow/wide/thick
4. Designers who think they should come in the E 7 basic colors + yellow
and of course
4. Environmentalists who think we shouldn't use any at all
That's CRAZY TALK! You're just trying to get us fired up now...

BaldGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally don't think Apple will mess with cars. They are doing too well on gadgets. High markup, tons of items sold, not much warranty work and not many recalls. Also easier to have made overseas and shipped.

Also in thinking about it, easier to keep up a good image. Its not as hard to make gadgets pretty robust and have a longer usable life then your competitors and thus keep the image up. I had 3 Apple products and feel all 3 had a longer useful life then there counter part.

However, in the car world, wouldn't be as easy and when people see Icars on the road with the Ihoods up and being towed, news reports of massive recalls etc, would hurt the brand.

Last edited:

RUCRAYZE

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Their car will be another, albeit much larger, "gadget". To imagine them breaking down is hard to fathom considering Apple's track record. As EM has naysayers so to Apple, the recent bad press about the iPhone 6 bending, wasn't based on reality, they didn't bend in men's back pockets, and the hype lasted a few days. BTW, there might be no need to open the hood,(if there is a need for one) --just as most of us now don't open our Macs.- advanced technology might only reveal an oxogen generator!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I personally don't think Apple will mess with cars. They are doing too well on gadgets. High markup, tons of items sold, not much warranty work and not many recalls. Also easier to have made overseas and shipped.

Also in thinking about it, easier to keep up a good image. Its not as hard to make gadgets pretty robust and have a longer usable life then your competitors and thus keep the image up. I had 3 Apple products and feel all 3 had a longer useful life then there counter part.

However, in the car world, wouldn't be as easy and when people see Icars on the road with the Ihoods up and being towed, news reports of massive recalls etc, would hurt the brand.
The Apple iCar would be a high-tech transportion gadget. It would drive and park itself. A rolling iPhone. Not much to go wrong in terms of mechanics with an EV and would certainly have the same high markup as all Apple products. I bet this one will be assembled in the USA which would be good for the brand. Apple has the money to play with this iCar concept.

Jim H

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Apple iCar would be a high-tech transportion gadget. It would drive and park itself. A rolling iPhone. Not much to go wrong in terms of mechanics with an EV and would certainly have the same high markup as all Apple products. I bet this one will be assembled in the USA which would be good for the brand. Apple has the money to play with this iCar concept.
For me, driving is pleasure and one of the reasons I want an Elio. There will be no joy or pleasure in some vehicle that drives itself.

Top Bottom