• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aptera

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Key words: Pitch & AdVENTURE! Have any of Aptera’s concept targets been tested and verified? I didn’t invest in Elio, simply because they didn’t have a test driveable prototype, an engine, or finalized specs. However, did invest in $FUV after they crossed the production starting line and a test drive to verify I would actually buy the vehicle. However, with the recent reverse stock split I will lose money if or when I sell my $FUV……..or they go out of business. To my disappointment no ‘targeted‘ fully enclosed option, so it doesn’t meet my needs. . Investing in any new startup based on what they say and do is a gamble Don’t invest anymore than you can afford to lose. :)

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An update: (For what it is worth...)

On January 20, 2023, we will showcase our production-intent design and announce our Launch Edition’s unique specifications and revolutionary capabilities in a YouTube webinar. Join us for the global reveal where we’ll outline the core technologies that will make your solar electric dreams come true and the strategies we’re employing to make solar mobility a reality for all.
Notice that it does have the motorcycle requirment and centered headlight.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
An update: (For what it is worth...)

On January 20, 2023, we will showcase our production-intent design and announce our Launch Edition’s unique specifications and revolutionary capabilities in a YouTube webinar. Join us for the global reveal where we’ll outline the core technologies that will make your solar electric dreams come true and the strategies we’re employing to make solar mobility a reality for all.
Notice that it does have the motorcycle requirment and centered headlight.
Sigh.....for the select few who can afford upwards of 50K and willing to wait for the first one to roll out.

BigWarpGuy

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Sigh.....for the select few who can afford upwards of 50K and willing to wait for the first one to roll out.
It is like when cars were first made, they were so expensive that only the rich could afford them. it wasn't until people like Henry Ford came along that cars became more affordable. if they want people to switch to electric cars, they need to make them more affordable (not their version of 'affordable'). I think it should also have similar performance; cost the same as gas cars, recharge about the same time to refuel a gas car and have the range of gas cars (a tank full compared to a full charge). I have been criticized for this but this is just my opinion.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is not intended to be critical, but a former EV skeptic sharing opinion based on personal experience. I think there are some affordable EV‘s on the market along with the advantage of various rebate incentives to purchase one.

1674016624249.jpeg

Personal experience: 1) Performance is as good or better (instant torque), 2) the range on the 15 gallon gas tank on my last car - 300 miles/my current EV on a full charge 326 miles 3) I wake up every morning to a full charge (set to 80%) to start the day, 4) charging time on longer road trips based on my driving habits is similar to my former ICE…….I stopped to filled the tank and then have lunch or coffee. With the EV I stop plug it in and charge while I have lunch or coffee. Similar amount of time. Perhaps it took a little more planning initially, but after awhile very routine. When it’s needs charging on a long road trip I only charge enough to get to my end of day destination and top it off during the overnight stay and start the day‘s journey with a full 100% charge.

Note: My first ‘range anxiety’ 1200 mile road trip: 60 gals of gas @ $3 = $180. Same trip in my EV - $45. :) I’m not sure I could go back to owning an ICE vehicle.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aptera announces the launch edition. My takeaways:

- Need $50M more to get to production (have raised $85M so far)
- No idea as to when production will finally happen (maybe 12 months)
- Sandy Munro has been working with them (just like he did with Arcimoto)
- A Pre-IPO (so a way for you to get in on the action)
- 400 miles on a charge (extra 40 miles from the solar panels)
- Chassis made where they make Ferraris (Modena Italy)
- Only one model to get things going (thanks Sandy)

Another three wheeler is confirmed to be on the road. Look for one near you soon.

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Latest email from Aptera says:

What is the Accelerator Program?​

Through the Aptera Accelerator Program, the first 2,000 Launch Edition vehicles produced will be prioritized for early deliveries to investors. From now through March 26, 2023, anyone who invests $10,000 or more will be added to our leaderboard....

Once funded, we expect it will be 12 months until production of our first vehicle commences. Without funding, we anticipate our timelines will continue to be pushed back. Our community has always been our biggest asset and we’re asking our order holders and other supporters to now help us to accelerate our growth.

If we can raise $20-50 million to execute on the first phase of our production plan, it will help tremendously. We expect our use of proceeds to include capital expenditures such as equipment and tooling and assisting in completing the requirements for obtaining the grant.

So, 2000 people would be $20m USD.
So this says, not funded yet, and 1 year from when they do get 2000 people to kick out $10k each. Or less people if some kick in more than $10k.

Has anyone kicked in that $10k? Would they tell us if anyone did? How fast would anyone step up?

So Aptera is at least 18mo out from 1 vehicle out the door. More if it takes longer than 6mo to gather the full $20m.

Well, at least it is a lot less than the $300m that Elio needs.

My guess is that if no progress on that lucky 2000 is reported inside of 6/8 months, it's pretty unlikely to fly at all.

Last edited:

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Aptera announces the launch edition. My takeaways:

- Need $50M more to get to production (have raised $85M so far)

Where do they get this money from, heck, what I could do with just $5 million let alone 50!

- 400 miles on a charge (extra 40 miles from the solar panels)

I'm not confident with that mileage, reason is that although that might be on the freeway at 50 mph with it's tricky aerodynamics, when you accelerate from traffic lights, aero has little to do with it.

Physics is physics, it takes 'X' amount of energy to accelerate 'Y' amount of weight, to 'Z' amount of speed before aero becomes significant.

Another three wheeler is confirmed to be on the road.

Good for me, the more the merrier at the moment :-)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Where do they get this money from, heck, what I could do with just $5 million let alone 50!

I'm not confident with that mileage, reason is that although that might be on the freeway at 50 mph with it's tricky aerodynamics, when you accelerate from traffic lights, aero has little to do with it.

Physics is physics, it takes 'X' amount of energy to accelerate 'Y' amount of weight, to 'Z' amount of speed before aero becomes significant.

Good for me, the more the merrier at the moment :-)
Just $50M and they are set. They ut it in print on the internet, thus true. That's how it works.

As for mileage, well, they made those numbers up and thus need to be true.

Physics and engineering is overrated. As a Mechanical Engineer, I really don't know a thing. As for a salesperson and websites, they know it all. Why I get paid like I do to do engineering is beyond me. Social media and the internet has all of the answers. All for free.

Top Bottom