• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aptera

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL. I meant to say at what speed should it go to achieve 1,000 mile range. ;)
Now THAT makes technical sense!

These stats are supposed to be quoted as mixed mode driving. Some street and some freeway. Freeway being at 55mph, street at 25 to 45mph with some level of defined stops. The same definition, or driving cycle, that cars are sold by. Did they quote it that way? Hopefully.

Granted, if you drove only at 50mph, things maybe different.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL. I meant to say at what speed should it go to achieve 1,000 mile range. ;)
Better yet, top of the Rocky Mountains and go downhill. It's like the up to 84mpg for Elio. My RV will give 84mpg going downhill.

Then there's that video of the Nikola Truck that they filmed on a hill even though it didn't run.

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Better yet, top of the Rocky Mountains and go downhill. It's like the up to 84mpg for Elio. My RV will give 84mpg going downhill.

Then there's that video of the Nikola Truck that they filmed on a hill even though it didn't run.
There you go.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Maybe this adds something to the discussion, or maybe ends a few threads of thought;

This video includes most of the current Autocycles and reverse trikes we now talk about;

Compare that to this video of the 4 wheel competition in the micro-car category;

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Covids, supply chain issues and the war in Ukraine have really delayed Apteras production and cost to production. They only needed $21M back in 2019 and were going to be making a profit by 2021. Here we are in 2023 and they only need another $50M with an unknown production date. I really need to get in on this three wheel gig where I come up with a rendering, then a website and after that, flood social media. Then take $100 reservations and claim a production date. Even if I produce just one and sell it to a millionare, I have made it. Also, I need to do an IPO. Question is, for my company, how many shares do I need to create? Doing that is like printing money for when you do an IPO. I'm thinking, a billion shares.

I'm going to make a tilting three wheeler that is solar powered, goes 1200 miles, seats 4 and passes all passenger car safety standards. All for $12K. Then make a box truck version that seats 2 and call it the ULMDM (Ultimate Last Mile Delivery Machine)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The Covids, supply chain issues and the war in Ukraine have really delayed Apteras production and cost to production. They only needed $21M back in 2019 and were going to be making a profit by 2021. Here we are in 2023 and they only need another $50M with an unknown production date. I really need to get in on this three wheel gig where I come up with a rendering, then a website and after that, flood social media. Then take $100 reservations and claim a production date. Even if I produce just one and sell it to a millionare, I have made it. Also, I need to do an IPO. Question is, for my company, how many shares do I need to create? Doing that is like printing money for when you do an IPO. I'm thinking, a billion shares.

I'm going to make a tilting three wheeler that is solar powered, goes 1200 miles, seats 4 and passes all passenger car safety standards. All for $12K. Then make a box truck version that seats 2 and call it the ULMDM (Ultimate Last Mile Delivery Machine)
Have you considered a new startup consulting firm for new three wheeler vehicle startups?

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered a new startup consulting firm for new three wheeler vehicle startups?
But he would only get 3 customers every ten years! :cool:
(of course, I don't know how many 'entities' may persue the idea under the radar...)

I suspect that 'RickB' and 'RSchneider' (and some others here) would be great assets for a Cycle-Sled start-up to have.

Can you use a techno advocate with semi-undefined but broadly romanced skill sets in your start up,,,, um like me?

Last edited:

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
But he would only get 3 customers every ten years! :cool:
(of course, I don't know how many 'entities' may persue the idea under the radar...)

I suspect that 'RickB' and 'RSchneider' (and some others here) would be great assets for a Cycle-Sled start-up to have.

Can you use a techno advocate with semi-undefined but broadly romanced skill sets in your start up,,,, um like me?
Aptera is a long shot in my opinion. When all things are said and done, it'll be too expensive to manufacture and sell for my liking so I'm unfollowing it but good luck to those who waits.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I would, but Sandy Monroe seems to be the person of choice for that industry. Look what he has done for Arcimoto. He got the cost to build a $20K vehicle down to $60K. Aptera is his new gem and thus he should be able to perform the same magic. I'll let the experts like him handle that arena. I'll stick with proven items that pay me real money, thus I can pay my real bills. I realized that exposure bucks don't pay things like my utility bills or taxes.

Top Bottom