• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Aptera

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Like a cabin scooter? It would be cool to have an enclosed cabin scooter. Yahoo Groups - cabin scooter. There is even an Elio on the home page of the group. :cool:
Snick and I were very active in that group, until I put my project on hold. I still get a feed from there. A lot of super-charged thinking when on in there. A number of projects touch base in there still.

I should say, it's worth joining it just to see their photo albums if nothing else.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Soooo, this thread may return to life. But we'll see.
Aptera claims to be back in the game. Hopefully they kept access to their tooling and engineering data.
SEE AT THIS LINK
We have covered this over on the Efficiency thread. This thing is a go because for a $21M investment it will net a $32M profit in 2021. and $183M in 2022. Investors will be jumping all over this. having this and the Elio coming out at the same time will be great because Arcimoto will and Solo will already be into two years of production. Now we have everything from $7500 to $59K for super efficient three wheelers.

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We have covered this over on the Efficiency thread. This thing is a go because for a $21M investment it will net a $32M profit in 2021. and $183M in 2022. Investors will be jumping all over this. having this and the Elio coming out at the same time will be great because Arcimoto will and Solo will already be into two years of production. Now we have everything from $7500 to $59K for super efficient three wheelers.
Fifty thousand comedians out of work, and you're still trying to be funny.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recall Apteras lousy performance and handling (a door fell off) during a national Progressive XPrize competition years ago. It was not a pretty sight as it weaved around the test track. The doors are wider than the wheel base. What or who is the market demographic for this concept? Seems limited. IMO
I’d suggest test driving one of the Beta fleet Apteras before placing a non-refundable reservation deposit, investing in a start engine campaign, or future Reg A+ funding round, but hey, it’s your money.
B715B0FA-98E8-49DC-82BF-790ADB184CE0.png

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Fifty thousand comedians out of work, and you're still trying to be funny.
I'm only reporting the numbers that Aptera provides. That's all. With the numbers they have, it'll be a hit with investors. Think about it. If you had a $2000 investment and got $3200 two years later then another $18,300 the following year, wouldn't that be a great investment? I'm wondering of the Apteracoin might be a possibility because the total Aptera Budget is less than what Elio is looking to get from their STO. I assume that Can-Am, Polaris, Arcimoto and Solo will be in business by 2021. With Elio we are up to just about Valentines Day 2021 for the 76 weeks. With all of these three wheelers out on the market, it'll be great. Plus if Aptera 3D prints them in the USA and provides the underpinnings from here, it's another Made In USA Three Wheeler.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I recall Apteras lousy performance and handling (a door fell off) during a national Progressive MPG competition years ago. It was not a pretty sight as it weaved around the test track. The doors are wider than the wheel base. What or who is the market demographic for this concept? Seems limited. IMO
I’d suggest test driving one of the Beta fleet Apteras before placing a non-refundable reservation deposit, investing in a start engine campaign, or future Reg A+ funding round, but hey, it’s your money.
View attachment 23653
This is exactly my point I brought up a while back. Elio has pretty much set the attitude for three wheeler startups that rely on public investment. I feel bad for the other three wheeler startups because they now have a much harder time getting to production. I bet this is one of the reasons why Sondors has pretty much ground to a halt. I hope Aptera changes peoples attitude.

The other problem is what do I buy? A $34K-$59K Aptera or a $70K Rivian. One can haul lots and go 400 miles. The other carries two people and goes 1000. Another would be a Top of the line Model 3 for $62K but the range is only 310 miles. I could downgrade to a slower Tesla (0-60 in 4.4 sec and only 145 mph top speed) with the same range for only $54K (both Teslas I included the $6K self driving option). If I ditched the self driving, then it's $48K (I must have the 4wd model). I did not count in any federal or state kickbacks because I assume they will be gone by then. I guess I'll need to wait for the Aptera and Rivian to come out next year and then make a choice. Hopefully Elio is on their way by then and has a traveling show that let's you drive one.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This is exactly my point I brought up a while back. Elio has pretty much set the attitude for three wheeler startups that rely on public investment. I feel bad for the other three wheeler startups because they now have a much harder time getting to production. I bet this is one of the reasons why Sondors has pretty much ground to a halt. I hope Aptera changes peoples attitude.

The other problem is what do I buy? A $34K-$59K Aptera or a $70K Rivian. One can haul lots and go 400 miles. The other carries two people and goes 1000. Another would be a Top of the line Model 3 for $62K but the range is only 310 miles. I could downgrade to a slower Tesla (0-60 in 4.4 sec and only 145 mph top speed) with the same range for only $54K (both Teslas I included the $6K self driving option). If I ditched the self driving, then it's $48K (I must have the 4wd model). I did not count in any federal or state kickbacks because I assume they will be gone by then. I guess I'll need to wait for the Aptera and Rivian to come out next year and then make a choice. Hopefully Elio is on their way by then and has a traveling show that let's you drive one.
New Startups have the same level of difficulty getting a new vehicle to production with or without Elio. However, who may have gained valuable insight thru their Elio experience and not commit to another non-refundable reservation deposit on a concept vehicle with no driveable prototype (only protohype), or guaranteed delivery are many of the 65,000 Elio reservationists and the emotionally motivated small investors that likely couldn’t afford the loss. Arcimoto is currently stalled due to certification retests, specifically turn signals of all things. Headlamps and the sled test finally passed. Also, it was a year long testing process for the SOLO to meet the USA motorcycle certification requirements. It would have been interesting and fun to see how the Elio would have faired during the validation testing process. Buy what you like, like what you buy.

Last edited:

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Well, I would also say an Aptera actually in production would help Elio. But these are very different business plans. The Aptera is EV, and that is very popular right now. As unique as it is, gives a higher margin with at a low production rate, plus EV to justify the price, would probably fly with a few key investors for a few years. But then they do need to swing a profit or die out(or get bought out). Elio is not EV and that will not transfer interests, but I personally still believe in the other public and customer benefits. Anyway, yes I'm wishing Aptera enables more interest.

Top Bottom