• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Motorcycle owners lined up and ready to take the WA State Motorcycle endorsement skills test.
28B9AAD0-CC57-474D-856C-714B1FBB3597.jpeg

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Motorcycle owners lined up and ready to take the WA State Motorcycle endorsement skills test.
View attachment 23950
Actually, that is a picture of sidecarists and trikers lining up to take the WA 3-wheel endorsement test. WA has different tests and endorsements for motorcycles vs trikes. AZ, for example, has separate tests, but only one endorsement. IIRC, some states only have 1 endorsement, but put a restriction on the license if the test was taken on a trike.

If I were a gambler, I'd bet the sidecar rider already had a bike endorsement, would give 50-50 odds on the Spyder riders, and bet that the FUV owner didn't have a bike endorsement. We seem to be on the same page in agreeing that the Arcimoto does not appeal to the motorcycle demographic.

What is the delivery status of your trike? According to their website, they are not selling to Idaho customers. "At this time, reservations are only open for customers in Oregon, California, and Washington. We are working diligently to expand our service and delivery networks. When we open a new region, we’ll open reservations for pre-order customers in turn. Our goal is to deliver FUVs nationwide early next year." Besides the doors not being available, are you going to have to wait another year for delivery?

The website says that they are not even working on the full doors currently:
"Will there be other door options?
Yes! We’ll be working on a number of door options, including full enclosures. These future options will all be designed to be compatible with the current Evergreen vehicles."

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Actually, that is a picture of sidecarists and trikers lining up to take the WA 3-wheel endorsement test. WA has different tests and endorsements for motorcycles vs trikes. AZ, for example, has separate tests, but only one endorsement. IIRC, some states only have 1 endorsement, but put a restriction on the license if the test was taken on a trike.

If I were a gambler, I'd bet the sidecar rider already had a bike endorsement, would give 50-50 odds on the Spyder riders, and bet that the FUV owner didn't have a bike endorsement. We seem to be on the same page in agreeing that the Arcimoto does not appeal to the motorcycle demographic.

What is the delivery status of your trike? According to their website, they are not selling to Idaho customers. "At this time, reservations are only open for customers in Oregon, California, and Washington. We are working diligently to expand our service and delivery networks. When we open a new region, we’ll open reservations for pre-order customers in turn. Our goal is to deliver FUVs nationwide early next year." Besides the doors not being available, are you going to have to wait another year for delivery?

The website says that they are not even working on the full doors currently:
"Will there be other door options?
Yes! We’ll be working on a number of door options, including full enclosures. These future options will all be designed to be compatible with the current Evergreen vehicles."
Yes, it was the WA 3-wheeler endorsement test and photo taken by a gal that took delivery of her FUV a couple weeks ago.

Only one delivery to Idaho and I can take delivery anytime. The current wait is my decision. I was in the production Queue for an early December 2019 delivery, but decided to wait for the half hard doors, thinking there might be a color match variation if the doors were delivered at a later date. Likely a non-issue. I saw photos yesterday of the soon to be revealed half hard doors and they looked good. Doors may have been a bigger design, engineering, and production issue than anticipated. The full hard doors will be available later on. If I feel the need for full doors I’ll either buy a set later or give my gently used low mileage FUV to my grandson and order a custom FUV replacement providing I feel it meets my needs and expectations after putting a few thousand smiles on the FUV over the year, assuming I’ve taken delivery, arcimoto has scaled production, proven market acceptance, and still in business.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
You’re welcome. This owner uses his FUV as a workhorse daily mail route delivery vehicle and play toy on the weekend.
View attachment 23951
That looks like someone just forcing the issue where they love their FUV right now but in a year will have given up on that method of package delivery. Plus, what happens when it rains? Do all of those boxes stay dry? I bet they do not.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
That looks like someone just forcing the issue where they love their FUV right now but in a year will have given up on that method of package delivery. Plus, what happens when it rains? Do all of those boxes stay dry? I bet they do not.
The 2 Postal Delivery FUV’s have been used 2-3 years by one of the first $43K FUV Signature Series Owners. He logged on well over 5000+- test miles on his original Sig Series and recently rolled over 2500+ miles on his Evergreen replacement. You seem to be ‘forcing the issues’ about a vehicle you have no experience with and making assumptions regarding actual owners having positive experiences and providing positive reviews. I understand the Arcimoto doesn’t meet your needs, but I’m puzzled why you question and are critical of long and short time owners and Arcimoto’s milestone accomplishment of crossing the retail production finish line........entertainment value? Nice to have several three wheel vehicle market options appealing to a wide variety of market demographics. Three wheeler acceptance is a positive for Elio’s funding raising efforts.

Note. He is hinting about trading his Postal Delivery Evergreen for the retail production Deliverator when it rolls out the AMP. It appears to be ideal for his workhorse Utility Vehicle application during the work week and for keggers and tailgating parties on the weekends
020EDA08-171C-44E0-B3F2-6776EE6FA46A.jpeg

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have no experience with the FUV because they are not available in my area for a test drive. Thus you can post 1k pics of happy customers but that doesn’t mean a thing when you can’t experience it. I am glad you did a test drive in a Vanderhall as at least we can compare notes. Thus why you didn’t buy one and went the FUV route.
So how many miles do you have on yours?
How many FUVs have been delivered?
Was that pic you posted, an $11,900 model? If not how much did it cost?

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, the "forcing the issue" comment may come from the fact that your words don't match your actions. You now find yourself in the same position as thousands of all-in Elio reservationists. They / you realize they are stuck. The money is spent, and they don't have a vehicle. They realize the company doesn't have its ducks in a row, but can't express concerns for fear that one negative comment will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and destroy any slim chance of ever getting their vehicle.

With you and Arcimoto, it's a bit different. You have more non-recoverable money tied up, and Arcitmoto is producing limited numbers of pre-production prototypes for brave beta-testing customers. You know that Arcimoto doesn't quite have their ducks in a row, but there is a hope that additional cheerleading may keep them in business long enough to produce a unit you'd actually feel comfortable to own.

If you really believe in the company and the product, feel free to take delivery and tell us all about it. You could be Eskimo Guy or Mail Guy. You could be the first to offer an independent review. Or could you? I haven't seen a single owner-review of the vehicle. I may be a bit cynical, but it looks like Arcimoto is requiring owners to sign an NDA of some kind. In today's "pictures/video or it didn't happen" society, it is extremely odd that none of the 70 or so owners appear to have bothered to create a youtube channel, blog/vlog, website, etc about their ownership experience and real-world performance information. Feel free to provide links if I'm wrong, but I couldn't didn't find any.

Again, all the cheer-leading without actually taking delivery makes the cheer-leading suspect.

johnsnownw

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Rick, the "forcing the issue" comment may come from the fact that your words don't match your actions. You now find yourself in the same position as thousands of all-in Elio reservationists. They / you realize they are stuck. The money is spent, and they don't have a vehicle. They realize the company doesn't have its ducks in a row, but can't express concerns for fear that one negative comment will be the straw that breaks the camel's back and destroy any slim chance of ever getting their vehicle.

With you and Arcimoto, it's a bit different. You have more non-recoverable money tied up, and Arcitmoto is producing limited numbers of pre-production prototypes for brave beta-testing customers. You know that Arcimoto doesn't quite have their ducks in a row, but there is a hope that additional cheerleading may keep them in business long enough to produce a unit you'd actually feel comfortable to own.

If you really believe in the company and the product, feel free to take delivery and tell us all about it. You could be Eskimo Guy or Mail Guy. You could be the first to offer an independent review. Or could you? I haven't seen a single owner-review of the vehicle. I may be a bit cynical, but it looks like Arcimoto is requiring owners to sign an NDA of some kind. In today's "pictures/video or it didn't happen" society, it is extremely odd that none of the 70 or so owners appear to have bothered to create a youtube channel, blog/vlog, website, etc about their ownership experience and real-world performance information. Feel free to provide links if I'm wrong, but I couldn't didn't find any.

Again, all the cheer-leading without actually taking delivery makes the cheer-leading suspect.

I think your post is disingenuous.

He's given the reason for delaying delivery...and there really are not many parallels to draw between Acrimoto and Elio...aside from they both have 3 wheels.

There has been so much cheerleading on this site regarding Elio and dismissal of anyone posting their frustrations with the company. So, I find your last line rather amusing.

Top Bottom