• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Samuel Gompers, It’s not intended to be cheer leading , but rather an attempt to provide information regarding actual owner experiences and Arcimoto progress updates on which to base personal decisions as to whether or not the FUV meets individual needs. My intent is not to sell Arcimoto’s and would be making similar posts regarding Elio’s progress following EM’s first retail production deliveries, providing positive owner experiences and reviews even though I would have taken a later on delivery of Elio 65,000+ based on my refundable $100 reservation deposit.

I simply respect the fact that Arcimoto crossed the retail production finish line a few short months ago, is delivering a pilot fleet of early adopter FUVs, and continues to make progress. My only actual FUV experience was my personal test drive. The performance, handling, people, and AMP tour beat my expectations and I decided to commit. Posting here has nothing to do with my personal commitment. If I didn’t believe in the company, product, and progress, I wouldn’t have committed as an early adopter. One of my primary concerns was Service after the sale. I was impressed by this recent announcement and better than Pep Boys (cheer leading or informational?):

CC987355-B614-483C-B054-C6468E433F64.jpeg

Regarding your “not seeing a single owner review” statement, there are numerous owner, various media, and test driver reviews out there. I’ve shared a few. I found your last statement to be amusingly offensive.

Last edited:

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think your post is disingenuous.

He's given the reason for delaying delivery...and there really are not many parallels to draw between Acrimoto and Elio...aside from they both have 3 wheels.

There has been so much cheerleading on this site regarding Elio and dismissal of anyone posting their frustrations with the company. So, I find your last line rather amusing.
RickB has been telling us for months for his FUV. Yet somehow his FUV delivery ended up becoming a list of excuses. Everything from the NHTSA lighting issues to the doors to now that he is waiting for the correct financial time in his life that he can get that $20K FUV. When you boast about the product for that long, you better live up to the claims as opposed to just posting PR pics. Rick has driven the Vanderhall and gave his detailed experience on it as a simple "Not being to get in and out of it" yet for the FUV, it, seems like that it's the most fun thing ever and thus everyone will love it. To be honest, this is the same thing I read here years ago. Yet nobody here ever drove an Elio, just sat in it and got a pic, thus the best thing ever.

As I have said before, the FUV and Elio have only one relationship. That that they have three wheels. other than that, very little relationship. Then the FUV has been in business since 2007 and only until a few months ago, they got a realistic customer deliverable (not the $65K spaceship models) does not send a message of success for the company. Even the stock price has shown that those people do not look at the SEC filings and see an uber successful company. I the end, we are going by a cheerleader that was no different when it came to the Elio product. I just look at it this way. The company needs to do what the planned out to do. If they can;t get to that point, then admit that things are not the way the seem. FUV suffers the same problem that Elio does. Protecting the stockholders by great PR and hoping that will solve the underlying issues.

The actual numbers for FUV seem to be murky and replaced by shiny happy people. Give me real numbers, not the forced happy ones.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I simply respect the fact that Arcimoto crossed the retail production finish line a few short months ago,
Vanderhall did it in half the time. yet no celebration for that. I assumed that when you went for your test drive in the Vanderhall, you would have been posting about it and how they made it to the finish line in 50% of the time over FUV.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Vanderhall did it in half the time. yet no celebration for that. I assumed that when you went for your test drive in the Vanderhall, you would have been posting about it and how they made it to the finish line in 50% of the time over FUV.
I said I liked the Vanderhall. You ass.u.med I test drove it? Matter of fact I love the Vanderhall’s engineering, styling, and model lineup, but for me form follows function. Based on the photo comparison of the 2 vehicles you say are similar and cater to the same fair weather weekend user market demographic, if you note the Vehicle owner’s butt height to seat height relationship 1)Vanderhall: the top of the roll bar is at the owner’s butt level 2) FUV’s seat cushion is close to butt level. I couldn’t consider test driving or buying a Vanderhall based on driver comfort, even if I could ingress/egress the low profile three wheeler. :) You could start a Vanderhall thread based on your apparent interest and for those interested. I would follow your posts regarding Vanderhall sales numbers, customer reviews, and progress reports, and cheer on Vanderhall’s milestone accomplishments. The more three wheel vehicle options the better.
789C8BD5-84B6-48C5-8327-BD5BEED202FA.jpeg

Thinking Arcimoto’s progress may have been of interest to some long time or newbie Elio Forum Members, apparently not the case. You took the F out of FUV. Enjoy your three wheeler of choice. :)

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I said I liked the Vanderhall. You ass.u.med I test drove it? Matter of fact I love the Vanderhall’s engineering, styling, and model lineup, but for me form follows function. Based on the photo comparison of the 2 vehicles you say are similar and cater to the same fair weather weekend user market demographic, if you note the Vehicle owner’s butt height to seat height relationship 1)Vanderhall: the top of the roll bar is at the owner’s butt level 2) FUV’s seat cushion is close to butt level. I couldn’t consider test driving or buying a Vanderhall based on driver comfort, even if I could ingress/egress the low profile three wheeler. :) You could start a Vanderhall thread based on your apparent interest and for those interested. I would follow your posts regarding Vanderhall sales numbers, customer reviews, and progress reports, and cheer on Vanderhall’s milestone accomplishments. The more three wheel vehicle options the better.
View attachment 23959

Thinking Arcimoto’s progress may have been of interest to some long time or newbie Elio Forum Members, apparently not the case. You took the F out of FUV. Enjoy your three wheeler of choice. :)
I have made some grave mistakes then, I apologize. I thought that people here were so into three wheelers that they would take p the free offer to drive one. Guess not. As for the FUV, I assumed you have been driving yours but seems that you have taken a test drive and then have not taken delivery of yours. It seems like both of us ar assuming lots of things and in the rnd, we need to stop. As neither of us know what it's like to compare one to the other. At this point, we are just sparing as to that is the best and using the failure of Elio as the common denominator. With this, nobody should take the pics or experience for these two products at all as they are for weighted. I only mention the Vanderhall as I drove one for a while and got behind the wheel experience that most others here could do but I understand s many are in poverty and can't do that, which leaves them out of the loop for the FUV.

With this, we need to just leave this with what we think a three wheeler should be like and go from there. The FUV is fun because Arcimoto says it is. The Elio is fun because they say it is. So we are stuck . Hopefully Elio will get us into mainstream as of now, FUV, Polaris, Can Am and Vanderhall are failing us.

ehwatt

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I have made some grave mistakes then, I apologize. I thought that people here were so into three wheelers that they would take p the free offer to drive one. Guess not. As for the FUV, I assumed you have been driving yours but seems that you have taken a test drive and then have not taken delivery of yours. It seems like both of us ar assuming lots of things and in the rnd, we need to stop. As neither of us know what it's like to compare one to the other. At this point, we are just sparing as to that is the best and using the failure of Elio as the common denominator. With this, nobody should take the pics or experience for these two products at all as they are for weighted. I only mention the Vanderhall as I drove one for a while and got behind the wheel experience that most others here could do but I understand s many are in poverty and can't do that, which leaves them out of the loop for the FUV.

With this, we need to just leave this with what we think a three wheeler should be like and go from there. The FUV is fun because Arcimoto says it is. The Elio is fun because they say it is. So we are stuck . Hopefully Elio will get us into mainstream as of now, FUV, Polaris, Can Am and Vanderhall are failing us.

RSchneider: Please, take this kindly when I say you have worked your way into a "pissing match with a skunk" (just sayin').

On a more serious note, are you any kin to the building super on a sitcom, "One Day at a Time "?

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score

"Hopefully Elio will get us into mainstream as of now, FUV, Polaris, Can Am and Vanderhall are failing us."
Amen!

Samuel Gompers

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I'm glad to be both amusing and amusingly offensive. This site was nothing but cheerleading for years, and anyone without pom-poms was immediately banned. Fortunately, those days appear to be past. Rick, I really did try to be gentle because I admire your unfailing optimism in defiance of reality.

If anyone thinks the Arcimoto is the most fun they've had with their pants on, they have led extremely boring and uninvolved lives. If the Arcimoto is the most fun vehicle they've ever piloted, they've had a quite sheltered life. Of course, it's just puffery, and trying to be edgy, but it is an indicator of just how boring the lives some people lead must be.

It makes no difference to me if anyone buys an Arcimoto or not, but I no longer think you truly believe in the product and the company, because you say you have the opportuniy to own one of their products, and refuse to buy. Lots of times, the wanting is better than the getting.

Again, next time you (or anyone) come across a full owner review (not a youtuber that took a 10-minute demo ride), please post the link here.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Samuel, My order is officially locked in. I simply haven’t taken delivery for the reasons I mentioned. I’m puzzled why that’s an issue for you. I did care and appreciated that you believed in the fact that I do believe in the product. As a realist, I understand the odds against a new startup vehicle manufacture getting a vehicle to production, let alone their short/long term success after the official production start. Perhaps Arcimoto will burn through their funding sources and shut the doors before I take delivery. How sad would that be. :( Not so much for me, but the 75+ Arcimoto employees and their families.

Where’s your sense of humor on the most fun you can have with the pants on video? The short test drive reactions indicate potential customer interest in the FUV. FUV owner comments and reviews available on the Arcimoto FUV Club Forum. Cheers!

Last edited:
Top Bottom