• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

AriLea

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW, saw my first Acrimoto in use yesterday. You know ,up front and in person.

It was one with no doors, the most common type. Probably the best case scenario for this vehicle use too.

74 degrees, at 1pm, cloudless day. This guy was driving south on a 40mph (64kph) road from the industrial park at Williams Field Airport, Arizona. Which is an airport just south of the industrial area that the Solo will be built in. His destination is likely some housing subdivisions just 2 miles south of that.

So this guy probably was checking something at his business on the weekend. And that is his go-to-work car. With only a few miles each way, no problem keeping the charge up. Low maintenance and minimal fuel costs. In Arizona there are few days when he will wish he had doors.
More power to him.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
BTW, saw my first Acrimoto in use yesterday. You know ,up front and in person.

It was one with no doors, the most common type. Probably the best case scenario for this vehicle use too.

74 degrees, at 1pm, cloudless day. This guy was driving south on a 40mph (64kph) road from the industrial park at Williams Field Airport, Arizona. Which is an airport just south of the industrial area that the Solo will be built in. His destination is likely some housing subdivisions just 2 miles south of that.

So this guy probably was checking something at his business on the weekend. And that is his go-to-work car. With only a few miles each way, no problem keeping the charge up. Low maintenance and minimal fuel costs. In Arizona there are few days when he will wish he had doors.
More power to him.
Real world range at various speeds. The target market demographic is urban commuters, but certainly has range beyond a couple miles from home. Half doors are being thermoformed along with body panels and other parts in-house at the new factory. I’m still waiting on the full door option to maximize year round use in my temperate climate……..or the fully enclosed electric Elio which ever comes first and I still have a valid drivers license. I like the BEX, but it’s at the same stages in R&D process as Arcimoto was over a decade ago. They have a fully certified vehicle, delivered a 100 Beta FUVs, along with an additional 400 FUVs to their limited regional sales and servicing markets while implementing production scale plans with well over 200 dedicated employees. Apparently not easy bringing a new vehicle to market. I give the A Team much credit for crossing the production finish line.
1647638966650.jpeg

84mpg

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Real world range at various speeds. The target market demographic is urban commuters, but certainly has range beyond a couple miles from home. Half doors are being thermoformed along with body panels and other parts in-house at the new factory. I’m still waiting on the full door option to maximize year round use in my temperate climate……..or the fully enclosed electric Elio which ever comes first and I still have a valid drivers license. I like the BEX, but it’s at the same stages in R&D process as Arcimoto was over a decade ago. They have a fully certified vehicle, delivered a 100 Beta FUVs, along with an additional 400 FUVs to their limited regional sales and servicing markets while implementing production scale plans with well over 200 dedicated employees. Apparently not easy bringing a new vehicle to market. I give the A Team much credit for crossing the production finish line.
View attachment 25563

I believe Mark is going to have time tested / working metal doors on his BEX in a matter of a few weeks. They're sitting in his shop right now and I'm pretty sure he can get a bunch more of them with a phone call and a check. Got to love "off the shelf"!

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I believe Mark is going to have time tested / working metal doors on his BEX in a matter of a few weeks. They're sitting in his shop right now and I'm pretty sure he can get a bunch more of them with a phone call and a check. Got to love "off the shelf"!
Arcimoto is using some ‘off the shelf‘ parts and better yet, have tooled their manufacturing facility to fabricate many of their own parts in house to insure quality control and availability. The issue Arcimoto had/has is coordinating with various suppliers to insure parts availability. They had parts shortages and some faulty parts early on, that required recalls on the first production run FUVs. Using off the shelf doesn’t guarantee a supply chain of quality parts inventory and is out of Arcimoto’s, Elio’s, or BEX’s direct control. I hope BEX is aware of the three wheeler required certification requirements and attempting to implement as many as possible during his build process. It would help to prevent costly changes during the official certification testing process. Mark Frohnmayer, CEO of Arcimoto, “The nightmare certification testing process”. The process took well over a year of sending multiple vehicles to private testing labs to fully certify a production model FUV.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wooh! Hard half doors are finally available for the Arcimoto FUV. I’m now half way to ordering a fully enclosed Arcimoto FUV having followed this concept from it’s 2008 start of R&D to it’s 2019 production roll out. Perhaps only 1-2 more years to full doors and ordering a fully enclosed three wheeler that is truly a blast to ride. The only concept that’s made it to production over the years….all others vaporware.

1649717468257.jpeg

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
A couple of serious “Go Hawks“ fans took delivery of their custom graphic Arcimoto FUV with the half hard door option. I’m still looking forward to a fully enclosed three wheeler.

1651153522890.jpeg

Top Bottom