• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

3wheelin

Elio Addict
Reaction score
LOL! What I like about the Tesla or likely any other EV is the quick 0-60, the low cost to ’fill’ it, and the little to no routine maintenance. Otherwise, It’s possible we both may think alike, Think Big, Drive Small. The FUV (motorcycle) was way more fun to drive than any car I’ve owned. Space wise 2 seats and a small cargo hold is all I need. :)
Hitching the lighter FUV on a Tesla and using it on a sandy beach...while being pursued by beach police riding their 4 wheeler ATVs should be a blast....then lose them on the streets! :becky: Whoever said seniors can't have fun! :whoo:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Hitching the lighter FUV on a Tesla and using it on a sandy beach...while being pursued by beach police riding their 4 wheeler ATVs should be a blast....then lose them on the streets! :becky: Whoever said seniors can't have fun! :whoo:
Change that to: “Think Big, Drive Small, have FUN!“ I’ll be inclined to leave my wife home on those beach party days. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto in the early stages of R&D:

1655609069157.jpeg

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
It seems the BEX is currently in about the same R&D stages of development. Shortly after this iteration, Arcimoto engineers moved from the steering wheel to handlebar steering and shaved about 900# off the total vehicle weight that dramatically improved performance, handling, and range. It takes years and funding by private ‘angel’ investors to bring a fully certified vehicle across the production finish line.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto RAMP & Batteryland. They are fabricating as many parts as possible in-house.……..so much better than being totally dependent on off the shelf or contract parts suppliers. This gives me a much better idea what it takes to bring a new concept to the masses And why it takes so damn long to do it, while being fiscally responsible.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Expand upon this as I'd like to know why this is a much better idea.
Greater control over the entire manufacturing process. Independence from various parts suppliers, cost savings, efficiency in vacu-forming body panels/robotic cutting/welding/frames/ battery boxes, quality control, inventory control (parts on demand), etc.. I was impressed after my initial manufacturing plant tour back in 2019 and from watching the latest video updates of the new RAMP, it‘s more sophisticated and efficient. The body panel vacu-forming equipment is in place and they are assembling battery packs at the old AMP location - BATTERYLAND.

My understanding is the new RAMP #1 is being set up as the model that will be duplicated in a couple of other regional USA locations with future Worldwide RAMP expansion to follow.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I found this interesting from a new startup: Arcimoto recently replaced one of the original 100 FUV Evergreens because the owner was having issues with electronics. Good sign of excellent customer care and warranty service. He posted this photo of his replacement FUV. Looks like quite the ride!

1655903823933.jpeg

Top Bottom