• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I thought this was somewhat of a thought provoking Arcimoto FUV testimonial as a FUNctional daily use commuter.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
We label the enclosed three wheeler in-line 2 seaters as 1/2 cars. For me the FUV compares to 1/2 a SUV cross over classed vehicle. The added height of the FUVs platform is what makes it as comfortable to drive as my SUV. Driver comfort and utility are critical features for an everyday commuter vehicle.

1657986872461.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto questions:
1. When is the $11,900 model coming out?
2. When are the full doors coming out?
3. When will they allow residents of PA to buy one?

Please do not answer "soon". That's too much like an elioism.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto questions:
1. When is the $11,900 model coming out?
2. When are the full doors coming out?
3. When will they allow residents of PA to buy one?

Please do not answer "soon". That's too much like an elioism.
There was no Elio, so no comparison. The certified production model FUV ‘Evergreen’ started being manufactured and delivered In 2019. First 100+ FUVs open air, no doors. I always considered that first 100 vehicles as their Beta pilot fleet With improvements made based on pilot owner feedback. The 1/2 door design/engineering/production delayed, but the doors were finally completed and installed on those first 100 FUVs - Q1 2022…..and done right. The 1/2 doors are currently an available option for those that need/want them. (2), The full door option is ’targeted’ on the FUV 1.x scaled production model when the new manufacturing plant is fully complete, required for production scale required to fill current orders faster, perhaps bringing cost down to offer the (1) $11,900 base model, and (3) allow for expanding the regional sales/service States.

From their 2008 startup, Arcimoto has always done what they said they were going to do, sometimes it took longer than expected, but all milestone events were successfully completed. (2) Full enclosure when full doors are good and ready to stamp out/fabricate at the new production facility.

I haven’t been able to find how many Vanderhalls are being hand built and delivered per year, but perhaps you could buy a Vanderhall to meet your three wheeler commuter needs, until you have the opportunity to test drive the FUV to determine if you want to trade up, after sales and service finally expands to PA. Speaking selfishly, my hope is isales/service expands to SD before PA. :)

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Arcimoto Weekend progress update I think rather impressive and Indicates the complex process of getting their production FUV from the current 5 units per day to production scale……..50,000 units per year from their new RAMP#1. Most of the new vehicle startups I followed, vaporized before even getting close to the production finish line. It’s one guy with a vision, and a team that shares that vision, to include parts suppliers, to be successful. Sadly the supply chain is currently backlogged on a worldwide scale. Most interesting to me was the early owner FUV review and the new torque vectoring software installation on a beta vehicle that improves steering at slow speeds and a major improvement on traction control.

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Saw this on YouTube...
One of the best loooooooong test drive experience reviews I’ve seen. After my 11/2 hour FUV test drive experience (would have loved a week!) I agree with Zach’s take on the FUV. Although my wife and I enjoyed the open air motorcycle experience, I’m looking forward to the easy pop on/pop off full door option.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
The process of auto, motorcycle, or autocycle design from the drawing board to production takes years:

Top Bottom