• Welcome to Elio Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Arcimoto

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
KVAL.

Arcimoto hails success amid reported financial struggles​

I would be more inclined to help out companies that told the bare faced truths of their positions, rather than inflated headliners.

Going $12 million further into debt whilst in financial poo, is hailing "success!" in what way exactly ...

Anyway, hope they keep going for a bit longer, another 3 wheeler company collapsing when I am coming into the market isn't good for me.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
I think that Elio Motors takes the prize of making positive PR posts all while the company was sinking. The discussions here were interesting. I specifically remember when the SEC filing had that they furloughed everyone except for two at the end of 2016, people were going after the definition and verbiage of each word. It kept hope up. Here we are 6 years later and all the company does is nothing but racks up at least another $18M in debt.

Looking at the FUV numbers, in Q4, they made 1.85 FUV's per day (assuming they still have a 4 day workweek). Let's round that up to 2 per day as we can take out Thanksgiving and Christmas. So that's about $120K per day lost just by building product. Hopefully, the new 2023 version will cut costs by 50%. That would be a good start.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Easy to criticize a new three wheeler startup that actually met the production and delivery milestone and struggling with finances while tweaking the vehicle issues and working on production scale. The good news is to hear that BEX can do it too, but without financial issues or other roadblocks along the way, much like Elio. As I recall from the old Elio Owner’s Days, the Moderators called our opinions regarding what Elio should be doing or should have done, “armchair supervising”. :) My arm chair opinion is that Arcimoto should have stopped with this(meet my personal needs fully enclosed three wheeler) R&D build. Apparently, things change along the road to production.

1674749260017.jpeg

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Easy to criticize a new three wheeler startup
Company was founded 15 years ago. At what year does it not becomes a new startup?

that actually met the production and delivery milestone
They launched production 12 years later

struggling with finances while tweaking the vehicle issues and working on production scale
I agree. When they decided to go public (10 years after founded and 2 years before production). Here we are 3 years later and they are still struggling.

The good news is to hear that BEX can do it too, but without financial issues or other roadblocks along the way, much like Elio.
Incorrect. Elio (just like Arcimoto) asked for deposits and public funding. Actually Mark is doing it harder because he could easily create an IPO and raise money. Arcimoto raised $19M on the original IPO. Elio raised $16M. They had zero financial roadblocks. Arcimoto was started by a rich engineer. So he had lots of money to get it going. Elio was bankrupt and installing roofs. Arcimoto just printed another $12M in cash. So I'd not consider that to be a financial roadblock.

As I recall from the old Elio Owner’s Days, the Moderators called our opinions regarding what Elio should be doing or should have done, “armchair supervising”.
I got reprimanded many times. This is because it's a pro Elio forum. If there's a pro FUV forum, I bet I'd get reprimanded by just stating facts that the company produces.

My arm chair opinion is that Arcimoto should have stopped with this(meet my personal needs fully enclosed three wheeler) R&D build. Apparently, things change along the road to production.
Things change but in the end, they were taking way too long to get to production and having way too many design changes. Top it off, their road to production resulted in just 228 sold in 2022. What we really need to look at, is the $40K they lose on each unit sold.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This picture looks similar to the Storm Sondors electric 3 wheeler. I always thought that vehicle looked GREAT!! It would not have fit my personal needs, but I liked the concept & design.
Anyone know the story behind that 3 wheeler??
It was one of Arcimoto’s prototype builds.

RSchneider

Elio Addict
Reaction score
This picture looks similar to the Storm Sondors electric 3 wheeler. I always thought that vehicle looked GREAT!! It would not have fit my personal needs, but I liked the concept & design.
Anyone know the story behind that 3 wheeler??
Here's a link. It'll show you the timeline. The fully enclosed one was launched in September 2009. Literally 10 years before they went with their current production. This was approximately 3 years before Elio started taking reservations for their enclosed autocycle.
https://www.arcimoto.com/history

Mark BEX

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Here's a link. It'll show you the timeline. The fully enclosed one was launched in September 2009. Literally 10 years before they went with their current production. This was approximately 3 years before Elio started taking reservations for their enclosed autocycle.
https://www.arcimoto.com/history

Wow, imagine what the "Pulse" would have been today had they kept on track with it from 2014.

One might suggest their pulse would be stronger today ...

1674824529045.png

Good link here, click on "Behance" \/ \/

Last edited:

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Company was founded 15 years ago. At what year does it not becomes a new startup?

They launched production 12 years later

I agree. When they decided to go public (10 years after founded and 2 years before production). Here we are 3 years later and they are still struggling.

Incorrect. Elio (just like Arcimoto) asked for deposits and public funding. Actually Mark is doing it harder because he could easily create an IPO and raise money. Arcimoto raised $19M on the original IPO. Elio raised $16M. They had zero financial roadblocks. Arcimoto was started by a rich engineer. So he had lots of money to get it going. Elio was bankrupt and installing roofs. Arcimoto just printed another $12M in cash. So I'd not consider that to be a financial roadblock.

I got reprimanded many times. This is because it's a pro Elio forum. If there's a pro FUV forum, I bet I'd get reprimanded by just stating facts that the company produces.

Things change but in the end, they were taking way too long to get to production and having way too many design changes. Top it off, their road to production resulted in just 228 sold in 2022. What we really need to look at, is the $40K they lose on each unit sold.
My definition of a new startup vehicle company is when they actually cross the production finish line and have a product to sell. New Startups struggle and will short or long term succeed or fail Based on business decisions and market demand. A couple of new owners received delivery of their FUVs, so they are still in business.

Rickb

Elio Addict
Reaction score
Wow, imagine what the "Pulse" would have been today had they kept on track with it from 2014.

One might suggest their pulse would be stronger today ...

View attachment 26360

Good link here, click on "Behance" \/ \/

Wow! Yes, based on your mission and my preference for a fully enclosed FUV. I don’t think it would be as much fun to drive/ride. The reality is, back in the 2014 range Arcimoto was about to call it quits because they couldn’t build their electric three wheeler vehicle light enough to make it range practical and affordable. Arcimoto’s engineers came up with the idea of going to handlebar steering that shed 900+ lbs. off the vehicle weight and the SRK- FUV was born. That decision, good or bad in our opinions, allowed them to continue on THEIR MISSION to ultimately cross the production finish line. The BEX is yours and the FUV is theirs. Knowing the A Team, they would support your mission and welcome the competition, without being critical of what you choose to do along the way. My recommendation is to focus on the BEX, because the FUV might fail and that would broaden your market base. If they are successful, I would expect to see a rAMP in China one day soon cranking out the FUV platform vehicle models as part of Arcimoto’s worldwide production expansion plans.

Last edited:
Top Bottom